Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

The Now Playing Thread - Page 72
Page 72 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
Results 1,350 to 1,368 of 2279

Thread: The Now Playing Thread

Post Thanks / Like

"I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

Gotta love a leaky internet. Still going to buy this one when it's released tomorrow anyway but why wait a day to hear what I've already waited this long for?

"I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

Today is a pretty important holiday on my calendar.

Today is the birthday of Tom Waits, one of my biggest musical heroes. The experience of discovering him for myself was nothing short of revelatory. Nobody has changed the way I listen to and think about music as much as Waits has.

This was the first of his songs I recall hearing, the one that started my ongoing obsession.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    Gillian Welch - The Harrow And The Harvest
    I got that a couple of days after it came out. Their first album in about 7 years, but worth the wait. I love Gillian Welch and David Rawlins, I have most of their recorded output.
    I was just a regular guy. My only super power was being invisible to girls.
    - Dave Lizewski, Kick-A$$

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The Black Keys - El Camino
    About 8 listens so far. I'm enjoying most of the songs.

Chevelle - Hats Off to the Bull

Chicago - Live In Japan '72

Post Thanks / Like

I may need to amend my year-end favorites list.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Steve Earle
    I Feel Alright

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    Steve Earle
    I Feel Alright
    I've never listened to this one, so I looked it up and found it was many reviewers favorite album from Steve.
    I'll have to check it out.

Post Thanks / Like

I've never listened to this one, so I looked it up and found it was many reviewers favorite album from Steve.
    I'll have to check it out.
    It's an excellent album from just a few years after his sobriety and release from prison. I recently began reading his collection of short stories Doghouse Roses. The title story is very much autobiographical and put me in the mood to listen to that one again. It's dark but it's hopeful.

NP:

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Joey Ramone - Don't Worry About Me

Post Thanks / Like

Joey Ramone - Don't Worry About Me

Nice.

NP:

Post Thanks / Like

Just discovered The Sheepdogs and really love them.

Guitars: Epiphone Les Paul Ultra; pretty red Squier Acoustic;
    Amps: Vox VT30;
    Pedals: Dunlop Fuzz Face; Dunlop Crybaby Wah
    My kids have: Squier Affinity Stratocaster MII; Fender G-DEC; Squire Acoustic; Jay Turser Strat-copy, Roland Cube amp

"I am a sworn enemy of the saccharine, and a believer in grace over karma." Bono 2001

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm just getting around to listening to
    Marc Ribot - Silent Movies

Post Thanks / Like

I'm just getting around to listening to
    Marc Ribot - Silent Movies
    I go to that one a lot when I'm reading. It makes a pretty good soundtrack to just about anything.

NP:

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    I go to that one a lot when I'm reading. It makes a pretty good soundtrack to just about anything.
    I think I like it because when I'm just noodling around on the guitar, I tend to play in a similar style (but not anywhere near Marc's ability or grace).

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Amy Winehouse - Lioness: Hidden Treasures
    It isn't just a collection of leftover dust bin tracks, but a pretty good album. Any fan should enjoy at least half of the songs, maybe more.

Page 72 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast