Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

The Now Playing Thread - Page 109
Page 109 of 120 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119 ... LastLast
Results 2,053 to 2,071 of 2279

Thread: The Now Playing Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    Steve Earle & The Dukes Duchesses - The Low Highway
    (until the CD ships) A few really good songs, but it needs a few more listens.
    Downloaded the leaked version until I can buy the real thing in a couple weeks. Was about to give it a first listen. Will let you know what I think.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

He has something for everyone here. Plenty of variety that reflects his many styles.

Post Thanks / Like

He has something for everyone here. Plenty of variety that reflects his many styles.
    After two listens, I have to say I think it's one of his stronger releases of recent years. It'll take a few more listens to get the lyrics sorted out, but I've heard some gems so far. The musical diversity works well and reminds me of a couple of my favorite of his post-prison albums* (Transcendental Blues and El Corazon).

* I don't count the Townes album in that reckoning because it's all covers. Of course it's an amazing album, it's Steve Earle doing TVZ covers.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Steve Earle & The Dukes Duchesses - The Low Highway
    (until the CD ships) A few really good songs, but it needs a few more listens.
    My favorite experience so far with this album was the first listen to "After Mardi Gras." At first I couldn't figure out how I seemed to already know all the words to a song on this album I was hearing for the first time. It took me until the second verse to realize it originated as the song Harley helped Annie write in the second season of Treme. It's nice to hear it in a full arrangement with Steve's voice (not that there's anything wrong with Lucia Micarelli's beautiful voice).

Post Thanks / Like

What happens when you take my favorite Funkadelic song and have Mavis Staples and Jeff Tweedy cover it? You get my newest addiction...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    My favorite experience so far with this album was the first listen to "After Mardi Gras." At first I couldn't figure out how I seemed to already know all the words to a song on this album I was hearing for the first time. It took me until the second verse to realize it originated as the song Harley helped Annie write in the second season of Treme. It's nice to hear it in a full arrangement with Steve's voice (not that there's anything wrong with Lucia Micarelli's beautiful voice).
    Yep, easily one of the best/my favorite songs on the album. I haven't found any details on who played violin on the track, but it sure has her style.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, easily one of the best/my favorite songs on the album. I haven't found any details on who played violin on the track, but it sure has her style.
    One review I read said it was Micarelli playing on that track. Definitely her style. I'm actually more curious if the background vocals on that one are Micarelli or Allison Moorer (or I suppose both).

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The Paper Stars - Under the Sun

The Black Lillies - Runaway Freeway Blues

Kelly Willis - Translated From Love

Brad Paisley - Wheelhouse

Post Thanks / Like

Milk Music
    Cruise Your Illusion
    2013, Fat Possum
    Last edited by R_of_G; April 11th, 2013 at 04:51 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

At some point, I will wake up and realize this was a dream, but for now I'm watching this as many times as I can.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Some great songs from Joe Walsh including Space Age Wizz Kids and I.L.B.T.'s.... I like big....er

They got nothing to do, put another quarter in
    Pay those space age dues
    Donkey Kong high score, Pac Man's on a roll
    Klingons on the warpath, whiz kids on patrol

Post Thanks / Like

Some of the tastiest guitar in Neil's catalog on this one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Joe Jackson - Night and Day

Willie Nelson - Across The Borderline
    A much better album than I expected.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Milk Music
    Beyond Living
    2010, No label