Thread: The Now Playing Thread

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman View Post
    Me too! Ya baby! I'm really digging it.
    I listened to the whole thing. It has a certain "accessibility" to it which you might not necessarily expect from three musicians of their caliber. It bears no resemblance to Dream Theater, for example. It's poppy enough to keep the masses interested, but there's enough virtuosity to keep the guitar/bass/drum geeks happy. I enjoyed it quite a bit. I'm going to have to give it another listen before a final verdict.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a huge Portnoy fan, especially his work with Transatlantic and Neal Morse, and I'm a big Kotzen fan as well. Both those guys can certainly play. I'm not sure why they got Billy in there . They all sing too and that will be a big plus down the road. Obviously Richie has the soulful voice. Anyway, they just got back from touring Japan. I've been following Richie on Facebook and he certainly posts some funny stuff. It's good to see they are having fun.

Like you say, it's accessible right away, but if you listen, man them cats is playing some serious stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by marnold View Post
    I listened to the whole thing. It has a certain "accessibility" to it which you might not necessarily expect from three musicians of their caliber. It bears no resemblance to Dream Theater, for example. It's poppy enough to keep the masses interested, but there's enough virtuosity to keep the guitar/bass/drum geeks happy. I enjoyed it quite a bit. I'm going to have to give it another listen before a final verdict.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.