Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

The Now Playing Thread - Page 69
Page 69 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119 ... LastLast
Results 1,293 to 1,311 of 2279

Thread: The Now Playing Thread

Post Thanks / Like

We're still on Neil here as well.
    Starting with this one today...

"I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The Complete Beatles Collection... I dragged every studio album in Windows Media Player and set it to shuffle for variety's sake. Earphones installed, and go!

This is a cool way to spend the evening working. It still amazes me just how brilliantly talented the lads were. These songs are timeless!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    The Complete Beatles Collection... I dragged every studio album in Windows Media Player and set it to shuffle for variety's sake. Earphones installed, and go!

This is a cool way to spend the evening working. It still amazes me just how brilliantly talented the lads were. These songs are timeless!
    I have an "All Beatles" playlist in my iTunes that I listen to on shuffle often. The only adjustment I make is to click the box next to "Birthday" so that song doesn't come up in the shuffle as it's one of the worst songs in the universe.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    I have an "All Beatles" playlist in my iTunes that I listen to on shuffle often. The only adjustment I make is to click the box next to "Birthday" so that song doesn't come up in the shuffle as it's one of the worst songs in the universe.
    LOL
    "Revolution 9" also makes my Do Not Play list, which is really short.

Post Thanks / Like

Been listening to a lot of these albums with my daughter, so I'm learning to play some of the songs she really likes for her.

Post Thanks / Like

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman View Post
    So, what do you think about it? I haven't heard it other than the 30-second samples. It comes across as more "soft" than his other music/groups, but I could be wrong.

I think he's a bike rider per his Indy Fab t-shirt...

Post Thanks / Like

So, what do you think about it? I haven't heard it other than the 30-second samples. It comes across as more "soft" than his other music/groups, but I could be wrong.

I think he's a bike rider per his Indy Fab t-shirt...
    It's got a lot of different textures compared to his other albums. There are real orchestra instruments for one thing. It's heavy in it's own way. Brilliant songwriting of course. It's not an instant "wow" album for me. The more I listen to - it that's when I start going "wow!" Some of it catches me off guard and I'll say to myself, hey, that's really good."

Not a biker. A smoker.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Rush - Time Machine 2011: Live In Cleveland
    This could be their best live album to date. They are super tight, yet sound very comfortable and at ease. Occasionally, Geddy's voice is kinda' dulled, as if the lyrics aren't being enunciated, but otherwise he sounds as good as I've ever heard him. All three are at a peak in musical performance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Neil Young - Weld
    Wow, what a great live performance! Plenty of raw energy with a heavier sound than even Live Rust.

Post Thanks / Like

Neil Young - Weld
    Wow, what a great live performance! Plenty of raw energy with a heavier sound than even Live Rust.

Always been a favorite of mine when I'm looking for a Crazy Horse fix.

NP:

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Rush - Time Machine 2011: Live In Cleveland
    This could be their best live album to date. They are super tight, yet sound very comfortable and at ease. Occasionally, Geddy's voice is kinda' dulled, as if the lyrics aren't being enunciated, but otherwise he sounds as good as I've ever heard him. All three are at a peak in musical performance.
    Cool.

Since I already have a heap of live Rush DVDs, I wonder if this one would be a worthwhile addition?

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NWBasser View Post
    Cool.

Since I already have a heap of live Rush DVDs, I wonder if this one would be a worthwhile addition?
    I saw the concert on Paladium last week, and it was also great. I might need to get the DVD.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like