Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Today for me it's:

Tab Benoit & Jimmy Thackery - Whiskey Store

Keb' Mo' - Keb' Mo'

Robben Ford & The Blue Line - Mystic Mile

Jimi Hendrix - Blues

Buddy Guy - Damn Right I Got The Blues

I load my 5-disc CD player w my programming for each day.

I simply abhor downloads and MP3s and all that stuff! Running CD stores, and the "holdit in your hand" CD experience out of business! Browsing CD stores, and, before that, vinyl LPs, was all a HUGE part of the music buying experience...the fun, the enjoyment! Aw, shucks! :
    bigG

Guitars:

Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded Cherry Mahogany, Peavey HP Signature EXP, Epi Sheraton II, Fender Standard Fat Strat, original 1982 Made in the USA Fender Bullet (w original HSC)/ 2005 Martin HD-7 Roger McGuinn Signature Edition (#102 of 250), Martin M-36 (0000), Martin OM-21, Martin 000-15M, Hohner EL-SP Plus Parlor acoustic

Amps: Swart Space Tone 6V6se, Swart Night Light Power Attenuator/compressor/stereo line-out, Peavey Windsor Studio, Vox AD50VT, Fender Super Champ XD, Vox DA15, Marshall MG10KK, '83 Peavey Bandit 65

Pedals: Cry Baby 535q wah, Bad Monkey OD, Boss DS-1, Sabine FuzzStortion, HardWire RV-7 Reverb

www.swartamps.com
    www.ericjosephelectricguitars.com

Carpe diem, brother, cause you don't know how many diems you have left to carpe.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigG
    I simply abhor downloads and MP3s and all that stuff! Running CD stores, and the "holdit in your hand" CD experience out of business! Browsing CD stores, and, before that, vinyl LPs, was all a HUGE part of the music buying experience...the fun, the enjoyment! Aw, shucks! :
    Well, I know you once ran a music store so I understand your take on this. Remember there's also the side of the recording industry artificially inflating CD prices (in a move that can only be described as "contempt of Congress") while simultaneously giving less to the artist that recorded the music in the first place.

I live in a small town. There is no place to buy CDs within about a 25 minute drive. None. Zero. So to buy a CD I need to make a 60 mile round trip--adds up with gas approaching $3 again. Plus, try finding a Joe Bonamassa CD within tactical nuclear weapon distance of here. Good luck! There's one store (a Barnes and Noble) that had one Bonamassa CD. One. His "Live from Nowhere in Particular." Too bad I was looking for another one. The only way I could get "Sloe Gin" was to pay $20 to get it at his concert. Expensive, yes, but at least the money was going directly to him.

With Amazon I can get the stuff I want quickly, cheaply, easily, and legally. I'm buying more music this way. Why the heck would I want to waste my time driving or using some Torrent of a questionable nature (and dubious legality) when I can get it this way? Plus the reality of digital delivery systems means that artists can go more directly to the fans. They don't need the RIAA anymore. That's a good thing. Hopefully that means more good music instead of just rafts of dreck trying to ride the latest trend.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn