Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

The Now Playing Thread - Page 118
Page 118 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120 LastLast
Results 2,224 to 2,242 of 2279

Thread: The Now Playing Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Topical humor?

Post Thanks / Like

Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Me too! Ya baby! I'm really digging it.

Quote Originally Posted by marn

old;235377

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman View Post
    Me too! Ya baby! I'm really digging it.
    I listened to the whole thing. It has a certain "accessibility" to it which you might not necessarily expect from three musicians of their caliber. It bears no resemblance to Dream Theater, for example. It's poppy enough to keep the masses interested, but there's enough virtuosity to keep the guitar/bass/drum geeks happy. I enjoyed it quite a bit. I'm going to have to give it another listen before a final verdict.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a huge Portnoy fan, especially his work with Transatlantic and Neal Morse, and I'm a big Kotzen fan as well. Both those guys can certainly play. I'm not sure why they got Billy in there . They all sing too and that will be a big plus down the road. Obviously Richie has the soulful voice. Anyway, they just got back from touring Japan. I've been following Richie on Facebook and he certainly posts some funny stuff. It's good to see they are having fun.

Like you say, it's accessible right away, but if you listen, man them cats is playing some serious stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by marnold View Post
    I listened to the whole thing. It has a certain "accessibility" to it which you might not necessarily expect from three musicians of their caliber. It bears no resemblance to Dream Theater, for example. It's poppy enough to keep the masses interested, but there's enough virtuosity to keep the guitar/bass/drum geeks happy. I enjoyed it quite a bit. I'm going to have to give it another listen before a final verdict.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Blackfield - Live In New York City

Thenewno2 - Beautiful Creatures
    (Dhani Harrison)

Neil Young - Harvest Moon

Wheeler Brothers - Gold Boots Glitter

Last Good Tooth - The Meeting Was a Success

Post Thanks / Like

Have you seen the DVD of this? It's very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    Blackfield - Live In New York City

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman View Post
    Have you seen the DVD of this? It's very good.
    No, but I may need to. Thx!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Moreland & Arbuckle - 7 Cities

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Newsted - Heavy Metal Music
    Marnold and other heavy metal listeners, this one might be worth checking out. No cookie monster vocals, just solid American metal. More accurately, heavy metal.
    Edit: After a few more listens, I'll give it a B-.

Last edited by Tig; August 12th, 2013 at 06:29 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Mark Knopfler - Privateering
    Plenty of roots based music here, some Celtic, some American. Blues, country, and rock songs as well as fusions of the above. Mark has certainly matured as a song writer since the early days, including the enjoyable Local Hero score.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Jimmy Vivino & the Black Italians - 13 Live
    High energy live album with plenty to enjoy by a mix of us here. A mix of original songs and covers of Bob Dylan, James Brown, Traffic and Johnny Winter. Jimmy is not limited to just Conan O'Brien's music director.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Mark Knopfler - Get Lucky
    Wow, this 2009 album might be better than Privateering!

James Brown - Live At The Apollo

Post Thanks / Like

i can't post the actual album cover for this, NSFW.

feel free to google it, in appropriate circumstances.

"It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like

Tig...this leans towards your last post. Great guitarist in this band as well.

"It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Cool, Tio! I'll have to check out more from him.

New today:
    Tedeschi Trucks Band - Made Up Mind

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Arthur 'Big Boy' Crudup - That's Alright Mama
    I love the early, raw blues.

Muddy Waters Blues Band Featuring Dizzy Gillespie

Muddy Waters - Hoochie Coochie Man

Nine Inch Nails - Hesitation Marks

Sons of Hippies - Griffons at the Gates of Heaven
    (not for everyone, but a few good songs make it OK)

Charles Bradley - Victim of Love

Post Thanks / Like

They seem to have largely left metalcore behind and made a straight-forward metal album. Good stuff. It's obviously polarizing for long-time AX7 fans.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by marnold View Post

They seem to have largely left metalcore behind and made a straight-forward metal album. Good stuff. It's obviously polarizing for long-time AX7 fans.
    I gave it a few listens so far and agree. They sound pretty good on this album. Plenty of blazing solos!