Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

The Now Playing Thread - Page 68
Page 68 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118 ... LastLast
Results 1,274 to 1,292 of 2279

Thread: The Now Playing Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Beth Hart & Joe Bonamassa - Don't Explain

So much better than expected! Beth Hart's sultry voice is amazing. Complete review at:
    http://www.thefret.net/showthread.ph...720#post215720

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Paul McCartney - Ram (remastered)

Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of middle period Stones as I was with SVL in another thread put me in mind to hear something from Sticky Fingers.

This is a great live cover of "Sway" by Jason Isbell & the 400 Unit, a band I've listened to quite a bit in the last six months or so. Their most recent album, Here We Rest, is one of my top favorites of this year. His back catalog plus his work with Drive By Truckers is also worth having, some great guitar work and songwriting throughout.

"I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

Some more Jason Isbell & the 400 Unit

"I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Jason Isbell - Sirens of the Ditch
    Plenty of listens this week.

Tom Waits - Bad As Me
    Lots of fun here! "Kiss Me" sounds like Marc Ribot's guitar work.

The story behind "New Year's Eve":
    http://www.americansongwriter.com/20...new-years-eve/

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

George Harrison - Let It Roll
    Nice to hear several decades in one listen.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    Jason Isbell - Sirens of the Ditch
    Plenty of listens this week.
    Great album.

Incidentally, Isbell and the 400 Unit will be on Letterman on November 4. If I had to guess, I suspect they're going to play "Alabama Pines" from the most recent album (Here We Rest) as (a) they just released a video for it, and (b) Isbell tweeted it would be the 400 Unit plus fiddle player Amanda Shires so that narrows it down to pretty much "Alabama Pines" or "Codeine" and I think the latter is too long for a tv slot.

Speaking of Isbell, as I often do these days, check this out...

I watched that about a dozen times the other day and immediately began learning the lead parts to play with my friends.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Albert Lee & Hogan's Heroes - In Full Flight-Live at Montreux

Thenewno2 - EP002

Megadeth - TH1RT3EN

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Rival Sons " Pressure And Time"
    Awesome retro rock, old school Zep style.

Post Thanks / Like

Playing with neighbors in an hour or so.

Hoping to get this into the setlist at some point...

Post Thanks / Like

Never did get the Stooges in last night but we did have a fairly solid acoustic blues jam going for a bit in which I played variations off of this riff that sounded pretty cool...

Post Thanks / Like

The first album by the National.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

My kid seems to really like all the Neil Young I've been playing and keeps asking for more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    My kid seems to really like all the Neil Young I've been playing and keeps asking for more.
    Good for 'them!

I wonder where they get that from?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    Good for 'them!

I wonder where they get that from?
    I can usually tell she likes something if I put it on and she doesn't immediately tell me she'd rather listen to the Beatles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Inspired me to listen to...
    Neil Young - Harvest

and a staple in high school...
    Neil Young & Crazy Horse - Rust Never Sleeps