Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

The Now Playing Thread - Page 45
Page 45 of 120 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast

Thread: The Now Playing Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    NP:

I seem to be in a country mood today.

Excellent album. Recorded at the height of his first career (before he descended and became a drug-addled junkie).

Post Thanks / Like

Prine is such a great songwriter and singer. I've been a fan for a long time.

Also, nice call on the Matthew Sweet. Robert Quine's solo on the title track is one of my favorites of his, perhaps behind only the one he did on Lou Reed's "Waves of Fear."

NP:

I seem to be in a country mood today.
    You're also in an Old Town mood, Earle, as well as Prine, learned there craft there.

I love the Guitar on that Sweet Album. Fantastic.
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like

A lot of Harrison's songwriting and playing on this one has very country-blues sensibilities.

For instance:

"I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

A lot of Harrison's songwriting and playing on this one has very country-blues sensibilities.
    All Things Must Pass is one of those timeless albums that never grows old.

"Beware of Darkness" is a favorite of mine. Covered many times, but never surpassing the original.
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The new release is different. Heavier, but still good, IMO.
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

"I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

In remembrance of Gary Moore, my favorites:

RIP, Gary.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I was attempting to post about an excellent new release from the Miles Davis catalog, but I'm running up against the built-in "naughty langauge editor" in the site software.

Apparently, it takes offense to the name Miles gave to his landmark groundbreaking 1970 recording. You know, the one that rhymes with "Witches Brew."

Of course, had I used the actual title, it would have forced and edit to *****es Brew, and well, that's just silly.

Sillier still is that I noticed it when it didn't post the picture of the album cover because the link to the picture has the name of the album in it and the software editor overrode that, effectively killing the link which doesn't refer to an item named *****es Brew.

I'm all for this being a friendly site, but this is a case where the automated editor's lack of context is counter-productive.

Anyway, there's a new release comprising Miles' performances at the 1969 Newport Jazz Festival and the 1970 Isle of Wight Festival. It's an interesting look at the historical shift in Miles' music with the first performance coming shortly before the recording of the album with the naughty name and the second four months after.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting remake. This girl sang with The Nels Cline Singers for at least a short stint, which I discovered through this thread, and is how I got around to finding this artist and album . . .

- Robert

Guitars: 1977 Gibson S1, Fender 50's Classic Player Edition Stratocaster (MIM), Fender American Deluxe HSS Stratocaster, Lonestar Tele, Yamaha FrankenGuitar (you could call it 'modded' but it just looks broken), Agile AL-3000M Thru-Neck, Agile Valkyrie 24, Peavey T-25, Xaviere XV-550, Xaviere XV-500

Amps: R-50H Reverberocket, Vintage Modern 2266, Twin Reverb, Blues Junior, YCV-40, Hot Rod Deville, Bassman Ten, Valve Junior, Lectrolab R700C, VS65R, Powerblock, GX212R, A small army of vintage Harmony's and similar amps

Pedals: Too many to list - 90% of them of my own making.

Visit me on the webz: pedalbuilder.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quite enjoying Earth's newest.

Post Thanks / Like

Two completely different bands.. Celtic Frost and Cake! I'm taking Mrs. bcdon to see Cake tonight in Vancouver. I'd certainly go see Celtic Frost if they got back together but I don't think Mrs. bcdon would attend. ;-) That said, I've always enjoyed Cake and their new album is most excellent!

Celtic Frost Monotheist

Creepy video but rockin'!

Cake Showroom of Compassion

Post Thanks / Like

A short playlist in honor of Thomas Edison's birthday...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Gary Moore - Live, Rest In Peace 2011
    Not an actual release, but a recent compilation of 60 live performances found at the piratebay.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

"It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like

I was just listening to that today!

Post Thanks / Like

Page 45 of 120 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast