Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

The Now Playing Thread
Page 1 of 120 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: The Now Playing Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Now Playing Thread

Last edited by R_of_G; August 15th, 2012 at 07:37 AM.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

Hm, can't make the IMG tags behave. I'm listening to Mastodon's new album, Crack the Skye. Beautiful stuff.
    "When I play, I express my feelings very fast." -Yomo Toro

Post Thanks / Like

T-Rex, Electric Warrior
    Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Acoustics:Washburn D10CEQSB, Yamaha FG160E
    Bass: Westone Spectrum ST, Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic Active
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ro3b
    Hm, can't make the IMG tags behave. I'm listening to Mastodon's new album, Crack the Skye. Beautiful stuff.
    That'd be this one?

Have read about them but haven't listened to any yet. Will have to check them out.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

tung

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G
    That'd be this one?

Have read about them but haven't listened to any yet. Will have to check them out.
    +1 on Crack the Skye.

I got that a few weeks back, and I like it a great deal.

tung

Post Thanks / Like

Just finished with the scintillating Paul Butterfield Blues Band version of the Elmore James classic...SHAKE YOUR MONEYMAKER. Some great house-rocking music.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

For me, it is currently Bireli Lagrene and Transatlantic and some Richard Lehoux (know who that is? ).
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Riverside - Voices In My Head

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Take a wild guess...

(Skynyrd of course!) :
    Ronnie

Guitars: Washburn WI64DL Idol, Yamaha Pacifica 112, Yamaha EG112C, Washburn House of Blues Electric, Washburn G30 Acoustic

Amps: Crate GX1200H Head, Crate 4x12 Cabinet, Crate GLX65 12" Combo, Johnson 15 watt, Fender Frontman 25R

Pedals: Cry Baby Wah, DOD FX20-B Stereo Phaser, Danelectro Cool Cat Transparent Overdrive, Daneletro CM2 Metal II, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro FAB Flange

Post Thanks / Like

I've had The Czars on all day. They made 3 GREAT CDs:

Before...But Longer

The Ugly People vs The Beautiful People

Goodbye

From 2000 - 2004. One of the most criminally overlooked groups ever! Vocals, musicianship, arrangements, production to die for! Kind of a cross between The Left Banke, Procol Harum and The Flaming Lips. Baroque flavored, keyboard-based ballad-pop w gnarly guitars thrown on to great effect, as well as trumpet, cello, flute...sometimes acoustic, sometimes hugely processed, sometimes both combined for a very heady brew! Truly great stuff!
    bigG

Guitars:

Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded Cherry Mahogany, Peavey HP Signature EXP, Epi Sheraton II, Fender Standard Fat Strat, original 1982 Made in the USA Fender Bullet (w original HSC)/ 2005 Martin HD-7 Roger McGuinn Signature Edition (#102 of 250), Martin M-36 (0000), Martin OM-21, Martin 000-15M, Hohner EL-SP Plus Parlor acoustic

Amps: Swart Space Tone 6V6se, Swart Night Light Power Attenuator/compressor/stereo line-out, Peavey Windsor Studio, Vox AD50VT, Fender Super Champ XD, Vox DA15, Marshall MG10KK, '83 Peavey Bandit 65

Pedals: Cry Baby 535q wah, Bad Monkey OD, Boss DS-1, Sabine FuzzStortion, HardWire RV-7 Reverb

www.swartamps.com
    www.ericjosephelectricguitars.com

Carpe diem, brother, cause you don't know how many diems you have left to carpe.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tunghaichuan
    +1 on Crack the Skye.

I got that a few weeks back, and I like it a great deal.

tung
    I've been in a major Mastodon mood since seeing them here in DC a couple of weeks back. Their first set was Crack the Skye, verbatim. It was an unbelievable show.

(Currently listening to Selected Ambient Works, Vol. 2 by Aphex Twin)
    "When I play, I express my feelings very fast." -Yomo Toro

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I was listening to George Harrison doing "While my guitar is Gently weeping" a favorite of mine.

Post Thanks / Like

Social Distortion - Ball and Chain.
    http://soundcloud.com/tarasque

Guitars: Encore Strat, No-Name Les Paul copy, Cort Acoustic, Vintage VRS100AW, Schecter Tempest Custom, Cort VX-4V, Dean Inferno V.

Amphs: Ashdown Fallen Angel FA 60 DSP, Harley-Benton GA5.

Pedals: Zoom G2.1U, Digitech Screamin' Blues, Electro-Harmonix Stereo Electric Mistress, Dunlop Crybaby 535Q Wah.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tunghaichuan

tung
    I love that album.
    Guitars: Epiphone SG-400 Custom; Epiphone Firebird V; 1996 Gibson LP Standard; Avion 4; Yamaha FG-301B acoustic

FX: TS-808; Big Muff (Triangle Version); Red Llama; Green Ringer Octave Up (Clones); Maxon Phaser; Maxon Compressor; Tremulus Lune Tremolo; Line 6 POD II

Amp: (Somewhere in another country) Hiwatt 100W head, Marshall 4x12 cab

My noise here

Post Thanks / Like

Today would have been Curtis' 67th birthday.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G

Today would have been Curtis' 67th birthday.
    I remember the day he died. His death seems to be clouded in mystery. His family wouldn't divulge the details, although (I'm not trying to be funny here) considering his condition at the time, I guess suicide can be ruled out.
    I have a 3 CD boxset of his work from The Impressions days up to the last album before his accident.
    Guitars: Epiphone SG-400 Custom; Epiphone Firebird V; 1996 Gibson LP Standard; Avion 4; Yamaha FG-301B acoustic

FX: TS-808; Big Muff (Triangle Version); Red Llama; Green Ringer Octave Up (Clones); Maxon Phaser; Maxon Compressor; Tremulus Lune Tremolo; Line 6 POD II

Amp: (Somewhere in another country) Hiwatt 100W head, Marshall 4x12 cab

My noise here

Page 1 of 120 1231151101 ... LastLast