Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

The Now Playing Thread - Page 120
Page 120 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120
Results 2,262 to 2,279 of 2279

Thread: The Now Playing Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Bob Mould - Beauty & Ruin

Kelly Willis & Bruce Robison - Our Year

Glass Hammer - Ode To Echo

Rodrigo y Gabriela - 9 Dead Alive

Post Thanks / Like

Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

So many new (some older but to me) albums added to my collection...

Walter Trout - The Blues Came Callin' (2014)

Willie Nelson - Band of Brothers (2014)

Mastodon - Once More 'Round The Sun (2014)

American Nomad - Country Mile

Kelly and The Hermanos - Underwater Western

Kicking Up Cinders - About Belonging EP (2014)

Steve Earle - Shut Up and Die Like an Aviator

The Mastersons - Good Luck Charm (2014)
    Saw them open for Steve Earle 2 weeks ago.

Yes - The Yes Album [Remixed by Steven Wilson 2014]

Lincoln Durham - Exodus Of The Deemed Unrighteous

Puss N Boots - No Fools, No Fun (2014)
    (Sasha Dobson, Catherine Popper, and Norah Jones)

Jimmy Steeltown - Cut, Cry, Smile (2014)
    Our own Jimi75's incredible new album!

Selwyn Birchwood - Dont Call No Ambulance (2014)
    The next generation of bluesmen is here. This guy can write, play and sings like someone twice his age.

Post Thanks / Like

Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

I bought this one at Best Buy. If you buy it there you get three extra tracks. I like it quite a bit. My favorite track is "Love Ain't A Love Song." There's an official video for the title track:

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Joe is a hard working musician. Seems he's always got something new happening. Cool to see him using a strat too.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by marnold View Post

I bought this one at Best Buy. If you buy it there you get three extra tracks. I like it quite a bit. My favorite track is "Love Ain't A Love Song." There's an official video for the title track:
    I got that, too. So far I like it. Joe manages to keep fresh and relevant in his writing and style. He has a few bluesy numbers and a few 70's rock influenced songs that work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Royal Blood - Royal Blood
    A 2 piece band that sounds like something much bigger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_3mNCaJgNM

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Johnny Marr - Playland

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Pink Floyd - The Endless River

Foo Fighters - Sonic Highways

Post Thanks / Like

I kept hearing that T&N (Dokken sans Don) would be touring with Michael Sweet singing. It still hasn't happened. I've also heard that Sweet and Lynch will actually be touring. I guess I'll file that under "I'll believe it when I see it."

I like this album a lot more than the latest Lynch Mob album.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Jeff Beck - Live +
    http://www.amazon.com/Live-Jeff-Beck/dp/B00V3PF4UC
    Jeff's new live album is incredible! I wasn't expecting this to be so good. How can the man keep getting better and remain so relevant? The sound engineering is likely the best I've ever heard on a live album, too. Adding vocalist Jimmy Hall for a few songs makes it an enjoyable album to everyone listen to and the band is spot on.

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - Chasing Yesterday
    I'm enjoying this even more than the 2011 self titled album.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool I have to check out Jeff beck live! Didn't know he released this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Couldn't help but pick BB King's "Live At The Regal" from my collection- kept listening to it over and over again for the last couple of days....what a wonderful Blues record it is.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

I love a bit of Joe Bonamassa, but us Brits have our own version called Aynesley Lister

And I don't know how I missed this album

http://www.aynsleylister.co.uk

Post Thanks / Like

Not typically my thing, but I like it. I was tuned into this album from the Dunlop video below:

Post Thanks / Like

Since this was my favorite and most visited thread, I thought I would try to stir things up by resurrecting it. I can honestly say that there were artists presented here that have had a profound impact on my enjoyment of music over the last couple of years.

to that end, what became of our good man R_of_G? His love of music and articulate manner was a wonderful contribution. I see it's been over three years since he's been here. Hope his trails have been, and continue to be happy.

working on my fingerstyle last night, and still listening this morning.....

https://youtu.be/Y-VQXTN1m60
    Last edited by kidsmoke; November 29th, 2016 at 07:42 AM. Reason: to get video in thread
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like

Phew! No posts in a year? Well, here's what I've listened to today:

BTW, "Highway Tune" was played at the the first break in the inaugural regular season Red Wings game at Little Caesar's Arena

Oooh, big pictures