Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

The Now Playing Thread - Page 117
Page 117 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119 ... LastLast
Results 2,205 to 2,223 of 2279

Thread: The Now Playing Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold View Post
    They can both call themselves by that name until the lawsuit is settled around November.
    ...and after listening to both versions, the non-Tate version sounds like...Queensryche! The Tate version not so much. Once the judge gets the evidence that the fans are still with the guys and they still sound the same (if I would close my eyes, the version with Todd is unmistakably Queensryche), then Geoff will be on his own, which seems to be what he's wanted for some time.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman View Post
    ...and after listening to both versions, the non-Tate version sounds like...Queensryche! The Tate version not so much. Once the judge gets the evidence that the fans are still with the guys and they still sound the same (if I would close my eyes, the version with Todd is unmistakably Queensryche), then Geoff will be on his own, which seems to be what he's wanted for some time.
    Yeah, it could be a win, win. Geoff Tate is a recognizable name, so he can go on that. Todd sounds a lot like a younger Geoff actually.

I saw that the Todd version did "Suite Sister Mary" at the CD release party with Pamela Moore:
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Still one of my favorite Frisell albums and a tremendous influence on my approach to doing film music.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold View Post
    Yeah, it could be a win, win. Geoff Tate is a recognizable name, so he can go on that. Todd sounds a lot like a younger Geoff actually.

I saw that the Todd version did "Suite Sister Mary" at the CD release party with Pamela Moore:
    They also just released a video for the song "Fallout" which is one of my favorites from the album.

Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Dawes - Stories Don't End

Shovels and Rope - O' Be Joyful

Paul McCartney & Wings - Wings over America (Remastered)

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman View Post
    The non-Tate album sounds pretty good. I lost interest in them after the Operation Mindcrime/Empire albums, but this one works.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

John Fullbright - From The Ground Up
    This new, young songwriter impresses me with his lyrics and emotional, expressive music. He easily fits in the so called "Americana roots" genre, plays most of the instruments and is credited for 50% of the album's production. It might take a few listens to "get it" but worth checking out if you are into this kind of music.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    This new, young songwriter impresses me with his lyrics and emotional, expressive music. He easily fits in the so called "Americana roots" genre, plays most of the instruments and is credited for 50% of the album's production. It might take a few listens to "get it" but worth checking out if you are into this kind of music.
    Over the weekend I read a favorable review of this album and added it to my list of things to checkout. Your review gets it up the list further.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

While I may not put it up against Justin Townes Earle's Harlem River Blues for instance, it stands on it's own. It has a mix of styles so it should have plenty of rotations in the future.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    thanks Tig. Been listening to a Fullbright Playlist this morning. Hard to imagine an acoustic blues tune sung by a skinny white kid being so compelling "All the time in the World". Some full band stuff off of ^^ this album "jericho". Really some good stuff.

Last week R_of_G had me watching and listening to "heartworn highways" and old doc based on the originators of the outlaw country genre. whiskey soaked misery sung with a wink and a grin.

thanks guys. much appreciated.
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like

"It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like