Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

The Now Playing Thread - Page 28
Page 28 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

Thread: The Now Playing Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Johnny Cash - Unearthed

Johnny Cash - Unearthed
    Some powerful songs here, especially for country. Very haunting at times.
    A few would make some great blues songs. I'm surprised how much I like it!

Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - The Live Anthology (4 CD)

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - The Live Anthology (4 CD)

While I've always heard the many Tom Petty songs on the radio over the years, I was never a huge fan. Maybe it was the voice.
    This release is a different story! I'm enjoying the freshness of the live versions, and many of the songs I almost forgot. Really quality stuff, and the production is strong. I'm enjoying the song writing and guitars the most.

Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Second effort in the now 16 volume Book of Angels series from the Masada String Trio. Definitely among the best of the 16 to date.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

"I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Opeth's Blackwater Park. What a band. Man, the Swedes just churn out one outstanding metal band after the next. Maybe it's the water? I have the Opeth Live Concert at the Royal Albert Hall on order, can't wait for it to arrive..

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bcdon
    Opeth's Blackwater Park. What a band. Man, the Swedes just churn out one outstanding metal band after the next. Maybe it's the water? I have the Opeth Live Concert at the Royal Albert Hall on order, can't wait for it to arrive..
    Good stuff!

I got a free MP3 download of "Dirge for November" from the upcoming live release through their email list. They sound great live.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

This collection on shuffle is like listening to the best radio station ever.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Oil City Confidential

B*gger! Can't work out how to copy the sleeve, but this is a recently released DVD about the R&B band Doctor Feelgood. Spiffing music, and curiously moving in places.
    -----------------------------------------
    I've just been on a once-in-a-lifetime holiday. I'll tell you what, never again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G
    This collection on shuffle is like listening to the best radio station ever.
    Just got the complete set and started listening to Vol. 9, and yes, this is some great classic stuff! It will take a while, but I'm looking forwand to listening to the rest of the volumes.

Also listening to the new Renegade Creation from Michael Landau, Robben Ford, Jimmy Haslip and Gary Novak. A good array of rock, jazz, and blues songs. Not every song grabs me because they aren't all as guitar driven as most of Ford's music, but still enjoyable. I'll listen a few more times to get a better feel.

Post Thanks / Like

The Allman Brothers Band
    Live January 29, 1971 @ The Filmore West

Post Thanks / Like

The Aqua Velvets - Nomad.

Cheers

Post Thanks / Like

New album from the Thermals.
    Streaming for free at NPR.org
    Release date next week.

Yet another solid album from this band that continues to impress.

Post Thanks / Like

Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Page 28 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast