Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

The Now Playing Thread - Page 50
Page 50 of 120 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast

Thread: The Now Playing Thread

Post Thanks / Like

"What If We All Stopped Paying Taxes?" - Sharon Jonnes & the Dap Kings

Seemed an appropriate day for this one.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Gary Moore - Blues For Greeny

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The Strokes - Is This It

Post Thanks / Like

"I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Just finished playing:

http://soundcloud.com/tarasque

Guitars: Encore Strat, No-Name Les Paul copy, Cort Acoustic, Vintage VRS100AW, Schecter Tempest Custom, Cort VX-4V, Dean Inferno V.

Amphs: Ashdown Fallen Angel FA 60 DSP, Harley-Benton GA5.

Pedals: Zoom G2.1U, Digitech Screamin' Blues, Electro-Harmonix Stereo Electric Mistress, Dunlop Crybaby 535Q Wah.

Post Thanks / Like

Bob Schneider's Lovely Creatures. I dig 40 dogs (like romeo and juliet)...
    2006 Washburn WD55SW Augusta, 2006 Washburn J28S12DL, Washburn EA20SDL,
    2008 American Standard Fender Telecaster
    2008 Rondo Limited Edition SST, G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow, Gibson LP Ultra

Post Thanks / Like

How's this for a combo of tracks:
    Murray Head: "One Night in Bangkok"
    Prince: "Fury"
    Trivium: "Anthem (We Are the Fire)"
    Anthrax: "Got the Time"

Then top it off with Morris Day and the Time: "Jungle Love" so I can get down with mah bad self.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I heard this song in grocery store when I went shopping this morning:

So I had to listen to this:

(Points to anyone who knows who the guitar player is and what band he was a member of. )

Makes me nostalgic for the 80s.

Here's another one:

Back in the 80s I never would have admitted to liking any of these songs, I was way too metal.
    I was just a regular guy. My only super power was being invisible to girls.
    - Dave Lizewski, Kick-A$$

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tunghaichuan View Post
    (Points to anyone who knows who the guitar player is and what band he was a member of. )
    Andy Taylor of Duran Duran.
    I didn't need to watch the video, just the still displayed.
    (sad, I know)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    Andy Taylor of Duran Duran.
    I didn't need to watch the video, just the still displayed.
    (sad, I know)
    To tell you the truth, I couldn't remember his name, I had to look it up. I did know that he was in Duran Duran.

Extra credit: So what super group was Andy Taylor in back in the 80s?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Power Station with Robert Palmer, who I still can't believe is dead.
    I may have to download an album from them.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

For some reason the group name made me think this would be punk rock, maybe it's the Epitaph label. At any rate I have a love/hate thing with indie, which this is, but damn I love this album. Indie that veers between country-rock and power pop, with lyrics that skirt being too precious but with enough humor to save them. And the music is just damn gorgeous. I even like the They Might Be Giants-like declarative singing style.

While looking for the above graphic, I found that Pitchfork found the album meh. Are they always that wrong?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    Power Station with Robert Palmer, who I still can't believe is dead.
    I may have to download an album from them.
    RIP, Robert Palmer. He wasn't that old, 52 or 53 which was about the same age my father died. Way too young.

I still have the Power Station album and Robert Palmer's Greatest Hits. I picked them up at a library sale (they were donations, not library discards) for $1 each.

Now I'm going to have to listen to some Robert Palmer and Power Station.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Warren Haynes and Gregg Allman, Red Rocks Ampitheatre - Morrison CO 09.02.06

Simply, wow.
    Available from Haynes' store.
    Once in a lifetime! Pre-Mule set, those in attendance at Red Rocks tonight were treated to an unbelievable set of acoustic music from Gregg Allman and Warren Haynes. “Rare” does not aptly describe this night, nor does brilliant, moving, soulful; or any other adjective one can conjure. Midnight Rider was the first dish served and was followed by Come & Go Blues. Old Before My Time and Come On In To My Kitchen both raised the hair on the back of my neck as well as many others' too. Beautiful in its simplicity and stirring in its power, this set is truly one of the highlights of both Messrs. Haynes' and Allman's career.

Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    That's an easy one to get lost in. Brilliant!

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Page 50 of 120 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast