Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
What is your job?

Thread: What is your job?

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

In 1972 got a job on a fishing boat baiting hooks.
    1973 got promoted from junior baitor to master.
    Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sumitomo
    In 1972 got a job on a fishing boat baiting hooks.
    1973 got promoted from junior baitor to master.
    Sumi

Lawyer. I've been a sole practitioner since 1998 when I decided that if I was going to work for an a**, it might as well be me. Primary areas of practice are family law (board certified) and criminal law.
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been in manufacturing and marketing in the aerospace industry for small period of time and the rest has been in aerospace procurement. A total of 28 years in the aerospace industry and by far where I work now is the best place.

By night I am a crime fighter.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    By night I am a crime fighter.
    What a coincidence! By night, I'm a criminal! At least, my wife says that what I do to a song on my guitar is a crime....
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

pes_laul Guest

I do whatever makes me money. though giving guitar lessons has been giving me a good chunk of money. :

Post Thanks / Like

Working guitar tech.
    13 years pro touring nationwide, plus 2 European tours. Over a thousand shows.
    Have passport, tools and extensive experience.Will travel.References available.
    Airport 40 minutes away.

When I'm not on the road I perform complete guitar repair and restorations in my own shop. (except paint/refinishing). References available.

27 years as a Union and non union stagehand

Also, if/when I'm not touring I work as a stagehand for the New Orleans Arena (a few of the shows this year: Metallica, Eagles, Britney, New Kids, Kenny Chesney, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Kid Rock, etc.... and day before yesterday Coldplay.Next week Fleetwood Mac.

I also work for the Louisiana Philharmonic Orchestra as a stagehand during their season when not touring..

Post Thanks / Like

Working guitar tech.
    13 years pro touring nationwide, plus 2 European tours. Over a thousand shows.
    Have passport, tools and extensive experience.Will travel.References available.
    Airport 40 minutes away.

When I'm not on the road I perform complete guitar repair and restorations in my own shop. (except paint/refinishing). References available.

27 years as a Union and non union stagehand

Also, if/when I'm not touring I work as a stagehand for the New Orleans Arena (a few of the shows this year: Metallica, Eagles, Britney, New Kids, Kenny Chesney, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Kid Rock, etc.... and day before yesterday Coldplay.Next week Fleetwood Mac.

I also work for the Louisiana Philharmonic Orchestra as a stagehand during their season when not touring..

Dream Job !!!!!!
    “Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It’s the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use.” Stevie Ray Vaughan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Monkus
    Dream Job !!!!!!
    Yeah, I guess.
    I made the "mistake" of having a career that I love versus a career that is stable, has benefits, insurance, 401k, paid vacations, etc...

It's tough when you work entirely at the whim of musicians. THEY have to decide that they need a tech. Nobody can tell them anything.

..and there's 2 things, I've found, that EVERBODY knows.
    One is whatever it is they do for a living..and the other is guitars.EVERYBODY is an expert...no experience required.
    I charge an extra $20.00 for people that start a sentence with " I read on the internet that......"

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs.
    There is also a negative side."
    Hunter S. Thompson

Post Thanks / Like

...and then out of the blue this appears on my itinerary:

AUGUST, 2009
    Festival du Chant Marin. Paimpol, Brittany. FRANCE

Can't complain about that.

Post Thanks / Like

Chemical engineer for a biotech company in the R&D pilot plant.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    Chemical engineer for a biotech company in the R&D pilot plant.
    Do you get any samples? Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sumitomo
    Do you get any samples? Sumi
    How do you think I got to be 6'3"?

I could get some ultra-pure water for a humidifier if you wanted...
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

I used to maintain and load targeting data for the Minuteman II ICBM weapon system.

Now I'm a sales manager.

Post Thanks / Like

I used to install phone systems now I install Cable and internet
    http://www.soundclick.com/sacco
    http://www.soundclick.com/thetools

Reverend of Rock n Roll .

Google won't search for Chuck Norris because it knows you don't find Chuck Norris, he finds you.

Post Thanks / Like

Program Director/Operations Mgr./Morning Show host/Whatever for a small market radio station combo.

Post Thanks / Like

Funny... i'm an Architect but have always worked as a Civil Engineer, and for the past 5 months i've been on front of a survey crew.
    Times are tough here in Mexico also... you gotta do what you can.

I also gain some extra pesos by buying guitar stuff on Ebay and and selling it on the mexican version of Ebay... this is how i get to try out lots of guitar stuff, so it's more of a hobby for me.

Gretsch Corvette
    Parker P-38
    Yamaha APX500
    Vox Pathfinder 15R
    Vox Tonelab ST
    Blackheart LG
    ... That's it.