I am a hardware and software design engineer.

In the mid 1970s I started working for a well-known semiconductor company designing integrated circuits. Part of my design was used in the first IBM personal computer.

After about 8 years I quit and ended up being a founding member of an electronics design automation company. We produced a software product that helps circuit board designer simulate their design before they spend money building their board. After 10 years the company was bought and I left shortly afterward.

Although we were pretty successful with this startup we decided that we gave away too much of the company, so a few of us started another company with our own money. Unfortunately lightning did not strike twice, and after 7 years we called it quits.

I then ended up at another electronics design automation company working on a tool to help chip designer debug their design on a chip. I've been here now for over 8 years and thoroughly enjoy what I'm doing. We used a lot of new ideas and so far 2 have been granted patent rights with a couple more in the pipeline.