Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
What is your job?
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your job?

Hybrid View

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What is your job?

What do you do for a living?

I am a web designer, developer and manager of a company.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a regular job as a project manager in consumer electronical business. I also have fix engagements with my music (studio jobs, writing pieces for kids) that grow more and more. Today we will meet people from a record company who will check the draft for our kids musical. Things work great and I consider myself more a musician than a business man.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh wow, that is cool Jimi. It's great you have such connections and the time for it too. I am more of a Jack Of All Trades than anything else...
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    It's great you have such connections and the time for it too.
    It's tough really. Most days look like this:
    Coming home from work, playing with the kids, spending the evening with my wife, then working on my music from 10-1h in the night and getting up again at 6h in the morning.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

I work at the Police, I take care of those who wishes to file a police report and stuff like that.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

67-69 Arcade manager weekday evenings; Roller Rink whistleblower weekends
    69-71 Wild West Show; Fill-in musician
    71-89 Warmonger; Part-time musician
    89-08 Musician
    09- Retired

Post Thanks / Like

a) My Kids' Dad

b) Project Manager for a cleaning & restoration company working with clients, insurance adjusters and contractors to clean/restore/repair flood or fire damage to property

c) Guitar Slinger for my band "The Barley Boys"

d) Aspiring singer/songwriter working up the courage to do some solo acoustic gigs
    Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Acoustics:Washburn D10CEQSB, Yamaha FG160E
    Bass: Westone Spectrum ST, Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic Active
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5

Post Thanks / Like

I am a Unix systems engineer.
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

I do interactive strategy in a marketing agency by day.

At night, I hang out with my wife (and college-aged kids when I can). I seem to find some time to practice guitar most nights, too.

On Sundays, I sing and play in the church worship band.

Life is good!

Guitars: Takamine F-349, PRS Mira
    Pedals: Line 6 M13 Stompbox Modeler, Boss TU-2 Tuner
    Amp: VOX Valvetronix AD30VT, Ultrasound AG-50DS4

Post Thanks / Like

I am a librarian. I work in a small suburban library at the reference desk.

tung

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stingx
    I am a Unix systems engineer.
    Me too!!
    - Lev

Main Guitars: Fender US Deluxe HSS Strat, PRS SE C24, Fender Baja Tele
    Bass Guitar: Squier VM Jaguar Special
    Main Amp: Vox AC15
    Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb
    Vids: www.youtube.com/levguitar

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a Program Assistant at a large nonprofit science advisory institution you've probably heard of, my little branch of which focuses on atmospheric sciences and climate change. I handle meeting and travel logistics, maintain websites, put out newsletters, edit reports, and suchlike. About a third of my income comes from gigging and teaching, though.
    "When I play, I express my feelings very fast." -Yomo Toro

Post Thanks / Like

English teacher in Japan. Mostly to kids (from 2 years old to Junior High).
    Which means I get to sing a ton of kids' songs and do weird dance actions and stuff. High tolerance to self-embarrassment required, but it's kind of fun.
    Guitars: Epiphone SG-400 Custom; Epiphone Firebird V; 1996 Gibson LP Standard; Avion 4; Yamaha FG-301B acoustic

FX: TS-808; Big Muff (Triangle Version); Red Llama; Green Ringer Octave Up (Clones); Maxon Phaser; Maxon Compressor; Tremulus Lune Tremolo; Line 6 POD II

Amp: (Somewhere in another country) Hiwatt 100W head, Marshall 4x12 cab

My noise here

Post Thanks / Like

They don't call me Rev. Rawk for nothing!
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

In 1972 got a job on a fishing boat baiting hooks.
    1973 got promoted from junior baitor to master.
    Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sumitomo
    In 1972 got a job on a fishing boat baiting hooks.
    1973 got promoted from junior baitor to master.
    Sumi

Lawyer. I've been a sole practitioner since 1998 when I decided that if I was going to work for an a**, it might as well be me. Primary areas of practice are family law (board certified) and criminal law.
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been in manufacturing and marketing in the aerospace industry for small period of time and the rest has been in aerospace procurement. A total of 28 years in the aerospace industry and by far where I work now is the best place.

By night I am a crime fighter.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    By night I am a crime fighter.
    What a coincidence! By night, I'm a criminal! At least, my wife says that what I do to a song on my guitar is a crime....
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

pes_laul Guest

I do whatever makes me money. though giving guitar lessons has been giving me a good chunk of money. :

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast