Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
What is your job?
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your job?

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What is your job?

What do you do for a living?

I am a web designer, developer and manager of a company.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a regular job as a project manager in consumer electronical business. I also have fix engagements with my music (studio jobs, writing pieces for kids) that grow more and more. Today we will meet people from a record company who will check the draft for our kids musical. Things work great and I consider myself more a musician than a business man.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh wow, that is cool Jimi. It's great you have such connections and the time for it too. I am more of a Jack Of All Trades than anything else...
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    It's great you have such connections and the time for it too.
    It's tough really. Most days look like this:
    Coming home from work, playing with the kids, spending the evening with my wife, then working on my music from 10-1h in the night and getting up again at 6h in the morning.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

I work at the Police, I take care of those who wishes to file a police report and stuff like that.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

67-69 Arcade manager weekday evenings; Roller Rink whistleblower weekends
    69-71 Wild West Show; Fill-in musician
    71-89 Warmonger; Part-time musician
    89-08 Musician
    09- Retired

Post Thanks / Like

They don't call me Rev. Rawk for nothing!
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

a) My Kids' Dad

b) Project Manager for a cleaning & restoration company working with clients, insurance adjusters and contractors to clean/restore/repair flood or fire damage to property

c) Guitar Slinger for my band "The Barley Boys"

d) Aspiring singer/songwriter working up the courage to do some solo acoustic gigs
    Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Acoustics:Washburn D10CEQSB, Yamaha FG160E
    Bass: Westone Spectrum ST, Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic Active
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5

Post Thanks / Like

I am a Unix systems engineer.
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

I do interactive strategy in a marketing agency by day.

At night, I hang out with my wife (and college-aged kids when I can). I seem to find some time to practice guitar most nights, too.

On Sundays, I sing and play in the church worship band.

Life is good!

Guitars: Takamine F-349, PRS Mira
    Pedals: Line 6 M13 Stompbox Modeler, Boss TU-2 Tuner
    Amp: VOX Valvetronix AD30VT, Ultrasound AG-50DS4

Post Thanks / Like

I am a librarian. I work in a small suburban library at the reference desk.

tung

Post Thanks / Like

Quality assurance manager for a manufacturer of large industrial air and gas compressor equipment. When I first graduated from college with a degree in chemistry, I was an organic and polymer chemist at a major research facility. Much has transpired in between. What a long, strange trip it's been....

P.S. Unlike that guy on "Breaking Bad", I've never run my own meth lab, so don't even ask.
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    P.S. Unlike that guy on "Breaking Bad", I've never run my own meth lab, so don't even ask.
    But you could if you wanted to, right? Just sayin...

tung

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a geoscientist, specializing in seismic data processing, I'm also the Managing Director of the company. :
    “Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It’s the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use.” Stevie Ray Vaughan

Post Thanks / Like

Well, let's see. Alot of ground to cover...

Working musician from 1964 - 1971.
    During that time, I also did part-time as an apprentice electrician.

1972 - got my electrician's journeyman's card. Worked full-time as journeyman electrician - residential, commercial and industrial.

1975 - got my State of Florida Master Electrician Certification, and ran a business for abt 3 years.

1977 - opened and owned and operated my record store thru 1980. (Be careful what you wish for! My love of music really waned during this time, as I was in the store from 10 AM til 9 PM six days a week, w music playing constantly. The LAST thing I wanted to do was listen to music at home or in the car! My enjoyment of my first love - music - had run out! Also, every beautiful album cover and its contents became just a catalog #, as ordering and shipping from major labels was handled this way. Got to where I couldn't handle it anymore and sold the store!)

1980 - started my own electrical contracting business thru 1991.

!981 - 1983 - got a three-piece acoustic group together (miced thru our PA) and became house band at local legendary cut'n'shoot bar. Finally got playing live out of my system. Had been bugging me for years. So glad I finally did that! Weekends only while running my contracting business.

1992 - returned to college (I had done abt a year and a half back in the late 60s - and all those credits transferred!). Graduated Summa Cum Laude w a B. A. Degree in counseling psychology in 1995.

Took a break, then went back for my Master's Degree in 1998 - my world then proceeded to fall apart: had a nervous breakdown in 1999-2000 and was a vegetable for abt a year and a half. Never quite fully recovered and haven't worked since, although I keep my Electrical Contractor's License active (that damn thing was just SO hard to get, I'll never let go of it).

Luckily, my three children (by three different wives) were grown by then, and are all doing very well!

2005 - decided to get serious abt playing guitar again, and have spent many thousands of dollars acquiring most of the gear you see in my signature since then.

Welp, that's the bulk of my story and I'm stickin' to it! I guess the short answer would be Master Electrician!
    bigG

Guitars:

Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded Cherry Mahogany, Peavey HP Signature EXP, Epi Sheraton II, Fender Standard Fat Strat, original 1982 Made in the USA Fender Bullet (w original HSC)/ 2005 Martin HD-7 Roger McGuinn Signature Edition (#102 of 250), Martin M-36 (0000), Martin OM-21, Martin 000-15M, Hohner EL-SP Plus Parlor acoustic

Amps: Swart Space Tone 6V6se, Swart Night Light Power Attenuator/compressor/stereo line-out, Peavey Windsor Studio, Vox AD50VT, Fender Super Champ XD, Vox DA15, Marshall MG10KK, '83 Peavey Bandit 65

Pedals: Cry Baby 535q wah, Bad Monkey OD, Boss DS-1, Sabine FuzzStortion, HardWire RV-7 Reverb

www.swartamps.com
    www.ericjosephelectricguitars.com

Carpe diem, brother, cause you don't know how many diems you have left to carpe.

Post Thanks / Like

In 1972 got a job on a fishing boat baiting hooks.
    1973 got promoted from junior baitor to master.
    Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a job developer for a not-for-profit. I find jobs for disabled people.
    I also own a small real estate development business and play in a fairly active band.
    Patrick

Post Thanks / Like

By day, I am a staking Engineer, GPS tech, emergency lineman for a rural electric co-op.
    I am also the Music show chairman for www.kyapplefest.org
    and have served on the Board of Directors for The Kentucky Apple Festival for17 years.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sumitomo
    In 1972 got a job on a fishing boat baiting hooks.
    1973 got promoted from junior baitor to master.
    Sumi

Lawyer. I've been a sole practitioner since 1998 when I decided that if I was going to work for an a**, it might as well be me. Primary areas of practice are family law (board certified) and criminal law.
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast