Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: What is your job?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm still baiting hooks and if this keeps up I think I'll go blind.Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

Route sales for a large frozen foods home delivery company.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Like Schwans? My Mother in Law loves their stuff, and keeps at least two boxes of the little mini ice cream bars that compare to mini Dove bars in the freezer at all times.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Chemical engineer for a biotech company in the R&D pilot plant.

Post Thanks / Like

I work with cadavers(dissecting) procuring tissue for medical research at the nations leading tissue bank for whole body donation.( Not Kidding )

Post Thanks / Like

When I was 20 I worked for Inglewood Park Cemetery(next to the L.A.Forum)I was doing concrete borders for headstones,it was next to the crematorium,man it used to smell like a big barbeque,then it smelled like someone forgot to turn the meat.We used to call the guy who ran it colonel burns,we say hey who's cookin colonel.I saw the whole process start to finish,they grind up the ashes and bones,we would find old hip joints made of metal with the screws,it was a great place to ride my Harley or have a picnic by the pond.Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

Clinical psychologist

Post Thanks / Like

I'm an electrical engineer w/ GM, just had my 25th annev. in Oct 09.
    Our department develops software for powertrain and chassis controllers.
    My duties are Lab and Intrumentation managment which is basically a supporting role for the software developers and validators.
    Located at the Proving Grounds in Milford Michigan. (the country club as they say).

Before GM, I worked in a family buisness (TV sales and service) as a technician.

Been out of the band scene for about a year, but looking to get something started again.

On the side, I build custom guitar amps for GDS and Guytron amplification in Fenton Mi.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Project Manager, Geologist for an environmental engineering company.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    Chemical engineer for a biotech company in the R&D pilot plant.
    Do you get any samples? Sumi

Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sumitomo
    Do you get any samples? Sumi
    How do you think I got to be 6'3"?

I could get some ultra-pure water for a humidifier if you wanted...
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Wow Eric that's strange,I mean in a good way because I am very interested in water purification,I visit South America alot and see what a problem clean water is,and it is an element we (man) cannot create and we need it to sustain live,so I am on a quest to find a method to purify water at a low cost or no cost(using sunlight)to help people have a better live and a healthy live also.Sumi

Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

Program Director/Operations Mgr./Morning Show host/Whatever for a small market radio station combo.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sumitomo
    Wow Eric that's strange,I mean in a good way because I am very interested in water purification,I visit South America alot and see what a problem clean water is,and it is an element we (man) cannot create and we need it to sustain live,so I am on a quest to find a method to purify water at a low cost or no cost(using sunlight)to help people have a better live and a healthy live also.Sumi
    I remember hearing about a system developed by the man who invented the Segway. He's quite the bright fellow. He also concocted a wheel chair that allowed the person to climb stairs. I can't recall his name at the moment ~

I worked in the auto and motorcycle industries for decades. Everything from tech to sales. Then I did paintless dent removal for about 12 years. Now I make custom guitar straps, Brookwood Leather ~ I love working with my hands the most

Post Thanks / Like

Those straps are amazing Otay.

I'm an administrator and event organiser for a charity working with persecuted Christians.

Post Thanks / Like

Unemployed insurance/financial manager.

Post Thanks / Like

I am an aviation structural engineer in the U.S. Navy. what that means is I fix planes with a BIG hammer. I also hot rod guitars on the side.

Post Thanks / Like

Senior Unix Systems Administrator

Semi-retired Body guard to the stars.
    Ex-clients Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, Prince, Janet Jackson, Micheal Jackson, Hugh M. Hefner, Sigourney Weaver, Rick James, Van Halen, I could go on and on but you get the idea I toured with every one of those bands and artist except the gloved one.
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:
    I pledge allegiance to the funk, the whole funk, and nothing but the funk, so help me James, Sly and George, Amen!!

Guitars: 2010 American Special HSS Strat, 2010 CIC Squire CV ThinLine Tele, & 2006 MIM FSR Strat.

Basses: 1979 Peavey T-40, 2007 Ibanez SR 500, 2013 Ibanez SR375F, 2013 CIJ Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee VI, & 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee Metro V

Amps: Mesa Boogie BASS STRATEGY:Eight:88, Aguliar DB 4X12, Augilar DB 751, Genz Benz CTR500-210T/Focus 1X15 CAB, Fender Hot Rod Deville 410, VHT Deliverance 60/VHT 2X12 fat Bottom Cab, & VOX DA20

Effects: Boss ME-25, MXR Custom Baddass 78, MXR Custom Baddass modified O.D., Vox Joe Satriani Satchurator, MXR Phase 90, MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe/Octave Deluxe/Bass Compressor/Envelope Filter/, Way Huge Pork Loin

Post Thanks / Like

Went into the Air Force back in 93 till they kicked me out for asking too many questions and not following the rules. An out-going California party girl stuck on a Strategic Air Command remote base with mainly officers in bumpf&$k North Dakota with a bunch of enlisted men that never seen much outside of their little towns before. Along with a low population of women. YOU TELL ME, WTF WAS I SUPPOSE TO DO!!

95' worked as a supervisor for Bank of America's Online Banking Dept in San Francisco and traveled around the US hooking up with friends to party

Till 99' when I met a guy from an AOL online dating thing ( back when AOL was all there was). Graduated with an AA in Psych.

Got married in 01' to the AOL guy. Loving man and father. I put my aspirations on hold. Had two children. One of which was diagnosed with autism.

Now attending University of California in the Speech and Language Pathology program and learning guitar
    Last edited by Soulstress; December 31st, 2009 at 02:46 AM.
    "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. And today? Today is a gift that's why they call it the present. Live in the now. Never regret. If it's good, it's wonderful. If it's bad, it's an experience."

Guitar: ST-Special Strat
    Amp: GA-10

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast