Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Second attempt to present myself :-)

Thread: Second attempt to present myself :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Second attempt to present myself :-)

Okay, I know I posted my forst post somewhere wrong, so take a second attempt....sorry for my "dumbness...."

I am Jimi75 from Germany, I am 31 years old. From my early ages on I have worked for Fender Musical Instruments in Germany. Anyway, as I needed a break from all that everyday music and so on, I quite in 2003 and now I am just a "normal" sales guy in the electronical branch. So I have more time for my wife and my beautiful two kids.

My main influences are Jimi Hendrix, SRV, Robin Trower, all the Kings, Joe Bonamassa, Eric Gales and so on.....

I have played tons of sessions with players from around the world and I have been around the world with Fender, so I guess I have a heavy bag of experiences ( as many others, too on this board...)

Musically, I am very active, playing with bands, sessions and from time to time I still do some studio jobs....

My Equipment is:
    Line 6 Flextone 2 and 3 ( yes, I sold all my Fender Amps, but I had them all...)

62 Custom Shop Strat, RW Neck

Jimmie Vaughan Strat, customized by Andreas Bernd. Handselected wood and TX Special Pick Ups, Relication and Pin Up, Maple Neck

Standard Jimi Hendrix Voodoo Strat, but with the neck of the tribute strat, I love the big headstock and the fat black writing on it.....

ESP Eclipse I ( Les Paul Style ), Vintage Honeyburst with Vintage Seymour Duncan PUs

Pedals ( I love them, more than this digital complete solutions but they cost me nerves, I swear.......)
    Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Wah
    Standard Cry Baby
    Roger Mayer upgraded Wah Red Lion
    Dunlop Univibe with Footcontroller
    Ibanez TS 9 Tube Screamer
    Daddy O Danelectro
    Danelectro FAB Overdrive
    Please do not think that I use them all......it really depends on my mood....

That's it for now
    Jimi75
    Last edited by Jimi75; May 26th, 2009 at 05:01 AM.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey welcome Jimi75! Looks like you will fit right in here!

Got rid of your Fender amps for some Line 6 amps eh? I take it must really dig the Line6 II and III - have you tried the Vox Valvetronix?

I'm looking for a good Strat myself, so maybe you can tell me which of your Strats is your favourite?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Jimi! Another european
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Guten tag und welkommen.
    I hope you'll enjoy hanging out at the fret and will share some of your experience with us.
    Rock on!

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Hey welcome Jimi75! Looks like you will fit right in here!

Got rid of your Fender amps for some Line 6 amps eh? I take it must really dig the Line6 II and III - have you tried the Vox Valvetronix?

I'm looking for a good Strat myself, so maybe you can tell me which of your Strats is your favourite?

Hello Robert and thanks for the warm welcome on your board...
    Yeah I must really give those Valvetronix a chance and try them as soon as possible.....

I dig my Line6 amps. Carrying around my '59 Bassman and my Custom Vibrolux Reverb plus all of my pedals was a real "moving day" for each gig :-)

You really want to know my personal opinion on a good Strat?
    Go for the Mexican Classic Series 50s and 60s NOT THE 70s ( the Strats, not the Teles!!!! ). Just change the pick ups to either 57/62 vintage or either Texas special and you will have the best tool in the world to work with. Do not touch the Highway 1 series....For the really best Teles go Japan DLX build in the early 90's with three single coils and reversed electronics....favorable rosewood neck, the maples were so and so.

Greetz
    Jimi75
    Last edited by Jimi75; August 9th, 2006 at 02:06 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Jimi75. Hmm. I heard that name "Jimi" before. I am sure you will find the Fret Net your new home. Enjoy. I will be reading your post to learn from someone more talented and playing longer than me.
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! A real Fender guy! Looks like you have much to share with us fellow Fretters. Welcome, Jimi.
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcom to the fray Jimi75. I am happy to finally see another Line 6 player in our midst. One of my favorite playing rigs is a PODxt into a Tech 21 Power Engine (60W) - the results are most inspiring.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nelskie
    Welcom to the fray Jimi75. I am happy to finally see another Line 6 player in our midst. One of my favorite playing rigs is a PODxt into a Tech 21 Power Engine (60W) - the results are most inspiring.
    Hi Nelskie,

I have been playing their stuff from 98 on, so almost from the very beginning. I think it is important to find equipment that you are happy with. My opinion is that the whole modeling technology was a step into the future with the Flux compensator to average players like myself. A steady source of inspiration....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi75
    My main influences are Jimi Hendrix, SRV, Robin Trower, all the Kings, Joe Bonamassa, Eric Gales and so on.....
    Jimi75
    Sooooo who are all the Kings, Joe Bonamassa, Eric Gales and so on...?

Yes Voodoo, I know that God invented Google that I can *look* things up on the net (which I will do) but I'd love to hear Jimi 'splain who they are & why he likes'em. Oh & welcome!

I still say that God invented Google for the stock options.

Oh, by the way. My mother in law is German. She lives in Munchen.
    Last edited by tot_Ou_tard; September 8th, 2006 at 07:46 PM.