Thread: Who started this site?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Who started this site?

Just wondering who concieved and developed this site , and when , how long has it been here . I think its time for these folks to take a bow .. for a great site and building a great community, it obviously must have been a ton of work ... come on take a bow...... 6S9L

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, happy to hear you like this site! Yes, it has been a lot of work, so I'm glad to hear this work is appreciated.

Well, developing - that would be me, with the assistance from VitalMyles in configuring stuff behind the scenes.

Conceiving the idea - that would be me and Tremoloman. We both thought the world needed a nice guitar and bass forum, one that isn't policed too hard like some other boards out there. Our goal from the start has been to make a friendly place where you can talk about anything you want, and where everyone's opinion counts.

This site is fairly new, I made it go live at the end of September 2005. It seems my own dolphinstreet site has been successful in recruiting new members.

The site is sponsored by Vital Effect - the company I work for.

Please spread the word about our friendly guitar/bass site to everyone you know!
    Last edited by Robert; November 7th, 2005 at 11:48 AM.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.