Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Replacement speaker for the Vox ADxxVT?

Thread: Replacement speaker for the Vox ADxxVT?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Replacement speaker for the Vox ADxxVT?

Just curious, I've seen alot of people suggest swapping out the speakers from the Vox AD30VT, AD50VT, and AD100VT. The hands down winner seems to be the Celestion G12 "Neodog" Century. Just for the heck of it, I had considered doing this, until I saw they cost about $200 each. After putting two of those in an AD100VT, I might as well have sprung for the AD120VTX.

Has anyone else tried different speakers with the Vox Valvetronix amps? If so, what did you use?

I'm kind of pondering the idea right now, but like I said, really don't want to spring for $200 speakers.

Post Thanks / Like

I heard Weber speakers are nice but I never heard them in person though , why not check those out?

Post Thanks / Like

I put a Celestion G10 Vintage in my AD30VT, as chronicled HERE, with excellent results. Smoothed out the harsh highs and firmed up the flabby bottom of the stock speaker. I've read very satisfied reviews from several Valvetronix owners who put the 12" version of the same speaker, the G12 Vintage 30, in their AD50VT and AD100VT amps. They can be had for $90 HERE. They sell another excellent Celestion 12" speaker, the G12M Greenback, for $85. And, of course, there are other good 12" speakers to be had from Weber, Jensen, Eminence, etc. without paying an arm & a leg.
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    I put a Celestion G10 Vintage in my AD30VT, as chronicled HERE, with excellent results. Smoothed out the harsh highs and firmed up the flabby bottom of the stock speaker. I've read very satisfied reviews from several Valvetronix owners who put the 12" version of the same speaker, the G12 Vintage 30, in their AD50VT and AD100VT amps. They can be had for $90 HERE. They sell another excellent Celestion 12" speaker, the G12M Greenback, for $85. And, of course, there are other good 12" speakers to be had from Weber, Jensen, Eminence, etc. without paying an arm & a leg.
    The disadvantage of course is not being able to hear the new speaker before hand, but I may go for the V30. I know alot of Line 6 owners have tried the Eminence Screaming Eagle in their Flextones with very good results. I might go for the V30 though....will keep you all posted.
    Guitars: 2003 and 2004 American series strats, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Strat, Squier Deluxe Strat.

Amps: Line 6 Spider IV 120, Vox AD50VT 212, and Peavey Transtube Bandit 112.

Pedals: Digitech Bad Monkey.

Post Thanks / Like

Just thought I would pass along this info from a post I found some time back, but can't remember where. At any rate, this AD30VT owner reported:

Jensen C10Q

$40.00 only and great improvement, much cheaper than Celestion.

Hope this helps,
    Hog

Post Thanks / Like

I've got the same G10's in mine that Vood has. It certainly improved the beast.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Or do what I did, get a good cabinet. The combo cabinet is not very good in the Vox ADxxVT amps, in my opinion.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

some days i like my ad30vt and some days i hate it....thinking about a new speaker or maybe selling it and getting something else. Maybe a crate powerblock or whatever it is called and a seperate cab....i'm pretty set in the guitar department unless a nice Gibson Les Paul Standard burst comes along (players guitar not collectors guitar) to go along with my 98 gibson lp special....

so it's amps and pedals i be looking at now matey!!

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

DVM, how can you put the G12M "Greenback" in the AD50VT if its rated at 25w, wouldn't the 50w amp blow the speaker?

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for the C-10 Q I put it in my Tweed Deluxe that I just built and it is a very nicely voiced speaker right out of the box. I have compared it to the Weber Sig 12 Alnico and like the C-10 better at this point. In all fairness I still need to break in the Weber as I hear they do need a good break-in to get the full quality out of them.
    Git-tires EC Custom Strat, Gibson ES-335, Custom built Tele, Fender Highway 1 P-Bass, Martin 000-28EC Acoustic, Gibson SG Classic
    Hearin aids-AmphsCustom hand built 5E3 Magic Markie Mojotone Amph, Fender Blackline dripedge 69 Princeton Reverb, 69 SF/DE Vibro-Champ, 64 Blackface Deluxe reverb, 64 Princeton 6G2 Fender, D'Lite ODS 22, Rumble 60 Bass amph
    EffectsBoss CH1 Chorus, Boss DD-3 Delay, Vox wah, Tonebone Classic, TS-9 modded, Bad Bob,Sweetsound Mojo-vibe, Boss RC-20XL Loopstation, Peterson Strobstomp, ZYS pedal, Keeley Comp, Boss LS-2, Zendrive, Menatone Howie