Thread: Video clip - my SX strat with Fender CS '54s

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Video clip - my SX strat with Fender CS '54s

Here is a clip from my now hotrodded SX SST 62 el cheapo Strat copy. I think the guitar now sounds 10 times better. Let me know what you think.

I also sanded the back of the neck and I oiled it with Tru-oil, and used 0000 steel wool to finish with.

http://www.dolphinstreet.com/video_clips/video-21.php

I did a quick edit of a quick take I over my lunch break, and at one point in the clip I'm checking my watch to see how many minutes I have left before I have to return to work. Thought that was funny!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

supersweet! I think it stands out with those black pups too
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Pox on you Robert!

That is just too freakin' sweet from an el cheapo git Now I'm jonesin' for an SX strat again! Once again, you are blazing trails and showing us how it's done! I'm really gonna have to make a drive out your way one day. Maybe some of that mojo will rub off on me.

Keep up the good work, brother.

Trev
    Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Acoustics:Washburn D10CEQSB, Yamaha FG160E
    Bass: Westone Spectrum ST, Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic Active
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5

Post Thanks / Like

That sounds fantastic Robert! Wow, even with the nice pickups it's a reasonably priced guitar. That's got a nice tone. It also seems to have good sustain, more than that mexican squier.
    Last edited by Tinky-Winky; August 10th, 2006 at 11:18 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys! Yes, I think it now sounds much better than the Squier strat I have. The body has got some great wood in it.

Yeah, Trev, come on over for a jam!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

This thing really sound very good. But one should also bear in mind that your playing is excellent! A friend of mine always said: John McEnroe would beat you with every racket in the world, even if it was the shittiest one :-) True I think.

Anyhow, you are showing ways to get a superb sound on a budget. Thanks for that, and punk to all those boutique players *lol*

Post Thanks / Like

So the squier is back to factory pups?
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

I put the SX pickups in the Squier. They were much better than the stock Squier pups (it's 10 years old, my Squier strat).

Post Thanks / Like

Ah, the squiers werent top notch back then.. So how did the squier turn out with the new sx pups?

Post Thanks / Like

The Squier actually sounds quite good too through that 10w SX practice amp I got. I gave both to our middle daughter.