Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Virtual Travelog: Show us sights from around your town. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Virtual Travelog: Show us sights from around your town.

Post Thanks / Like

Sun, you could come on up for our FRont Porch Pickin and maybe see some of our mountains and lakes.

Post Thanks / Like

Pocatello Idaho is down in the valley.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hey, I recognize those people in that shot, and remember that hike, the weekend I got my Vik!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

That's beautiful country. You guys are blessed to be able to earn a good living and live in a place like that. Hats off to you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Awsum!

Here's another view of our small town; you need to scroll/tilt the pic and click on the tower top to see the view over the town from the top...

http://www.virtualfinland.fi/Kaupung.../Puijon_torni/
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

this thread is depressing for me - to see in perspective how $h!t my country is in comparison with some of these pics.

Robert's imparticular, that lake looks extremely nice, very few places anything like that in the UK.
    Guitars: Ibanez RG420EG, Harrier Mistral Ice White Tele
    Amps: Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 15R (w/ 8" Celestion), Marshall Valvestate Mk.I 8100 Head, Blackheart BH5H Head
    Cabs: Marshall 4x12 (4 x Celestion Pro 12")
    FX:Line 6 Floor POD, BOSS 7-band GE-7, BOSS Mega Distortion MD-2, Vox V847a Reissue Wah, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive

Just another Rig Sig Jig, Dig?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

On the contrary, IJ! The UK has a lot of cool stuff, just different. The historical sights are interesting of course, and the English countryside has its own beauty. When I first moved to Idaho, I did not like at all the sage covered hills in the southern part of the state (like where spud's pics were taken) and liked only the central mountains and north. My town of Hailey was about as far south as I could stand in Idaho. But after living here, the sage hills have their own beauty.

But I would like to see more of the other Fretters' towns! Let's see, the UK. Let's see Kiwi land, let's see where the Aussies live. Let's see NY, and the mid-western US, etc! Post some pics of your own, a local web cam, whatever.

P.S. deeaa, that is another cool one!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Here is the local newspaper's web cam about 6 blocks from my house.
    http://www.journalnet.com/webcam/

This is on the hospital on the east side of town
    http://www.kpvi.com/global/Category.asp?c=177567
    Last edited by Spudman; January 21st, 2010 at 07:27 PM.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's the dominant feature around these parts, Kapiti Island.

Of course, the traffic's terrible

But then with quality shopping like this, what can you expect?

All these were shot within 1/2km of my house.
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Awesome! I so want to visit New Zealand. Thanks for the pics!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

One from today's bike ride

IJ, just near you at Ivinghoe Beacon is the start of the Ridgeway, an 80-something mile Iron Age off road path which carries you way above the valleys past a ton of ancient sites before ending at Avebury stone circle. Similarly the South downs can be amazing if you venture more than 50 metres from the car park. Up north it gets even better
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by markb
    One from today's bike ride

IJ, just near you at Ivinghoe Beacon is the start of the Ridgeway, an 80-something mile Iron Age off road path which carries you way above the valleys past a ton of ancient sites before ending at Avebury stone circle. Similarly the South downs can be amazing if you venture more than 50 metres from the car park. Up north it gets even better
    Awesome dude! I'm off back to Gisborne in 3 weeks!
    Guitars: Squier Strat, Squier Telecaster, Warmoth Telecaster.

FX: MI Audio Blues Pro, Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Signature Wah, Sovtek Big Muff, Danelectro Fabtone Flanger.

Amp: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Post Thanks / Like

Great pictures, all! Spud.. a buddy of mine from the Navy is from your neck o' the woods... small world. :-)

Some from around here...

Night-time from last summer:

Wildlife from early last spring:

We're avid photographers and have ZILLIONS of photos... I'll leave it here for now. :-)
    Electrics: '07 Gibson Les Paul Classic Antique, Oscar Schmidt OE40N Hollowbody aka. "Fat Girl"
    Acoustic: Ibanez AEL20E-TRS
    Bass: Ibanez GIO GSR200
    Amplification: Marshall TSL JCM 2000 head & 1960a cab, Fender Hotrod Deluxe Silverface, Ibanez Soundwave SWX65
    Effects: Boss Chorus, Bad Monkey, BSIABII, Rabid Rodent, Crybaby GCB-95, Rocktron Talk Box
    Apparently everyone in AC/DC is a gnome too. - Reverend Rawk
    DOUBLETAP - 'Northern Maine's Premier Blues Band'.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

We have beaches a couple hours due east (Atlantic Ocean) and due west (Gulf of Mexico).

To the east is Crescent Beach, nine miles south of St. Augustine, the oldest town in North America:

Not much in Crescent except the beach itself. Lotsa small condos. You can drive on the beach there. Sometimes we do go north to Anastasia State Park in St. Augustine, where no driving is allowed. Close by they also have this cool lighthouse, which I've seen from a distance many times but not yet been inside:

A buddy and former bandmate of mine lives in St. Aug, does a lot of boating, and runs an open mic. I need to go visit him sometime.

To the west of us, and a little south, is Cedar Key. This far north the Gulf beaches are much smaller than on the Atlantic, but it's a fun small fishing/artsy town:

Post Thanks / Like

Krash.. I love that last picture. Cool building.

So.. is the St. Augustine lighthouse as haunted as it's reported to be? lol
    Electrics: '07 Gibson Les Paul Classic Antique, Oscar Schmidt OE40N Hollowbody aka. "Fat Girl"
    Amplification: Marshall TSL JCM 2000 head & 1960a cab, Fender Hotrod Deluxe Silverface, Ibanez Soundwave SWX65
    Effects: Boss Chorus, Bad Monkey, BSIABII, Rabid Rodent, Crybaby GCB-95, Rocktron Talk Box

Post Thanks / Like

I'm digging this thread, more so for the fact that it's made me realise that even though I've lived in Sydney for like 10 years, most of the photo's I've taken in that time have been of other places! I'll dig some stuff up..stay tuned.....

Post Thanks / Like

P. Sherman! 42 Wallaby Lane, Sydney! lol

(Yeah... imma dork.)

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by mainestratman
    Krash.. I love that last picture. Cool building.

So.. is the St. Augustine lighthouse as haunted as it's reported to be? lol
    Thanks-- it looks old but it's not.

Btw-- I didn't take any of those.

I reckon the St. Aug lighthouse is haunted alright, though I don't know from personal experience.

Seems like a lot of lighthouses are.

Post Thanks / Like

Even if you did take the pix, I'd still like them. ;-)

St. Augustine lighthouse is one of the places I would love to go... I love lighthouses anyway, but add in some spooky stuff, and yeah.. tres cool.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast