Thread: I Found My Slide

Post Thanks / Like

Default I Found My Slide

I have been trying a lot of different slides lately trying to find one that wows me. The search is over. I picked up a 2 inch Mudslide and i love it. It is shorter than any of the other slides i have tried which i find i like better! (i use it on my pinky so the shorter size seems easier to control). Really smooth sound and the inside is pourus so you keep control even if you are sweating.

Sounds good acoustically and when i plug in.

http://www.moonshineslides.com/mudslide.htm

What is your favorite slide (for you slide players out there)...

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

I got both a brass one and a Coricidin bottle. The brass one sounds better on the Tele and Strat and the bottle sounds better on the acoustic.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

I use a fat Dunlop brass slide, it's thick and heavy. The light, thin ones I find useless.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

i have a really thick glass slide too which is pretty good...and i also have a variety of brass and stainless ones.....i agree with you on the thin slides....yuck. I think one of things i like best about this slide is the way it sits on my finger. Its the first short slide i have used...all the others were longer than my pinky. With this one i can wear it comfortably and still bend my pinkie.

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Warren - I expected you link to be of you demonstrating your new slide. I know you can slide like Eric, but a little sample of the new tool would be great.
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.