Thread: MF Sale - Vox DA-5 for $99.99

Post Thanks / Like

Default MF Sale - Vox DA-5 for $99.99

Two different colors - White and New Red are on sale at $99.99 - this amp is normally $139.99 - I have one in a now discontinued color - Camo :

If you can take having a White or Red amp - this is a great bargin. These are great for just practicing and taking anywhere - I use mine everywhere in the house, and outdoors - like the deck, or up on a hill under a tree.

It has some really nice amp sounds, and some good effects. I think it is worth more than the $139 I paid for mine, and at $99 it is a steal. :

Vox DA-5 Portable 5w Amp

Gil
    Where ever you go, there you are

a 1973 Léro Model 58 Dreadnought; a 1998 Ovation 1861 Standard Balladeer Natural; Taka - a 2005 Squier '51 Black
    Yume - a 2006 Squier Standard Strat Cherryburst; Houbi - a 2008 Fender VG Strat Blizzard Pearl won via fender.com

Pedals: Home made board; Visual Sound 1 Spot Power; Danelectro Chicken Salad, Fab Chorus, Echo & Flange; DVM Phasers To STUN; EHX LPB-1; Fender PT-100 Tuner
    Amps: Fender Super Champ XD; Vox DA-5 in Camo
    Computer: Apple MacBook Pro, PowerMac G4; Line6 Toneport KB37; M-Audio Black Box Pedal Board, Trigger Finger & DX4 Monitors
    Software: Ableton Live Lite; Apple Garageband; Cockos Reaper; Line6 Gearbox/POD Farm with Model Packs
    GAS: Squier Classic Vibe '50s Tele; Barber Tone Press Pedal; DigiTech Bad Monkey Pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Shame on you for posting this. These are great and I'm supposedly over g.a.s.
    :

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a vid/text review of the DA 5. Very good, thorough review. Go abt half way down the page for the vid review:

http://www.guitarworld.com/article/v...le_digital_amp

AMAZING at $99.99! Get one, you'll love it! I have the DA 15, its big brother.
    bigG

Guitars:

Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded Cherry Mahogany, Peavey HP Signature EXP, Epi Sheraton II, Fender Standard Fat Strat, original 1982 Made in the USA Fender Bullet (w original HSC)/ 2005 Martin HD-7 Roger McGuinn Signature Edition (#102 of 250), Martin M-36 (0000), Martin OM-21, Martin 000-15M, Hohner EL-SP Plus Parlor acoustic

Amps: Swart Space Tone 6V6se, Swart Night Light Power Attenuator/compressor/stereo line-out, Peavey Windsor Studio, Vox AD50VT, Fender Super Champ XD, Vox DA15, Marshall MG10KK, '83 Peavey Bandit 65

Pedals: Cry Baby 535q wah, Bad Monkey OD, Boss DS-1, Sabine FuzzStortion, HardWire RV-7 Reverb

www.swartamps.com
    www.ericjosephelectricguitars.com

Carpe diem, brother, cause you don't know how many diems you have left to carpe.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I just went to GC and a/b'd the DA-5 and Roland Cube and liked the DA-5 better myself. It is probably on my birthday list, but that is not til October! Well, I will just wait and see if there is a deal around then.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

The DA-5 has more models than the Microcube, adjustable effects and a bigger speaker, what's not to like? The attenuator works really well too and on 1/4 power the batteries last ages. If I still had one I'd buy a load of C size battery converters and use rechargeable AA's.
    I mostly left mine on the AC15 (Blues 2 on the DA-5) with gain and tone at about 3 o'clock and used the guitar volume to go between clean and drive. It worked remarkably well for an amp the size of a shoebox.
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience