Thread: Squier J5 Telecaster

Post Thanks / Like

Default Squier J5 Telecaster

WOOT! I know the guy looks like a freak but man I love his playing. This affordable version of his J5 is one Tele I have to give a try!

Anyone seen or played this yet?

There are some awesome pictures of it here:
    http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/TeleSQJ5

Click on the guitar and they have lots of closeups. I'm glad it has a regular headstock.
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

Oh... I found some videos on this too!

John 5 presents the Squier® J5 Telecaster®
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eoc59yJ9yU

John 5 at home with his new Squier® model
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7QjBWJUCm0

I tried to embed the videos but couldn't figure it out.
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

How 'bout this?

John 5 is a very interesting guy. Proof you can't judge a book by the cover. I'd like to try one, although the fingerprints on the black and mirror pickguard would drive me mad. I liked the home video especially the pseudo-b-bender bit at the end.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    How 'bout this?

John 5 is a very interesting guy. Proof you can't judge a book by the cover. I'd like to try one, although the fingerprints on the black and mirror pickguard would drive me mad. I liked the home video especially the pseudo-b-bender bit at the end.
    OH! You put only the code in the youtube thingy and not the whole URL! Thanks for showing me how to do this!

Yeah, John is down to earth guy but I think he creates an alter ego for stage presence.

Either way I love his solo albums and dig his wide variety of guitar playing. His finger picking is just sick.