Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Metal/Hardrock guitar

Thread: Metal/Hardrock guitar

Post Thanks / Like

Default Metal/Hardrock guitar

I'm looking for a metal/hardrock guitar with 2 humbuckers.
    It has to be under 400 $.
    I don't care about the tremolo, but a floyd rose would be cool, and it has to have a good neck, the pickups can be changed, so thats no problem.

Post Thanks / Like

Since SX guitars seem to be getting a lot of praise lately, you could try something like these:

http://www.rondomusic.net/seg1std.html
    http://www.rondomusic.net/segstdplus.html
    http://www.rondomusic.net/al2500blkfloydrose.html
    http://www.rondomusic.net/ps970floyd.html

I'm not sure how good the licensed Floyd is, but you'd have plenty of cash left over for new pups if you so desired.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

I suggest Jackson or Ibanez or maybe ESP, those are good for metal and they mostly come with dual humbuckers.

Post Thanks / Like

Tiefnig - I'm going to throw out a suggestion, even though I'm not sure what you like to play, or what bands you dig. For $399.00, you could line yourself up with a really nice Epiphone Les Paul Standard - lots of color choices. The HB's it comes with are ideal for hard rock, and you could certainly push their tone further with the addition of a DigiTech Tone Driver ($69) or Bad Monkey OD pedal ($39). After you've had some time save some more bone$, you could pull out the stock p'ups, and drop in a pair of face-melting Zakk Wylde-endorsed EMG-ZW active p'ups. Then start making your plans to conquer the metal universe.

Post Thanks / Like

of course, if you need a real evil hard rock guitar, you need one with a triple(!) coil pickup

I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

HERE is a guitar by Schecter that would appear to have everything you are looking for, sells for $400, and has amazing customer ratings....
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Why a triple Swade when you can have a dual quadriple! (Or whatever you might call that...)

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, you win Cranium
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

I like the schecter, but I live in germany, so any SX or schecter will be a problem, because the rarely have them on ebay and I can't find any of them in any store. I'm looking at these 3 at the moment:
    http://www.thomann.de/de/ibanez_rg321mhrb.htm
    http://www.thomann.de/de/ibanez_rg370dxbk.htm
    http://cgi.ebay.de/E-Gitarre-SCHECTE...QQcmdZViewItem

What one would you suggest me? I played the Ibanez RG370, is there a big difference to the rg321? and how about the schecter? does it have a thin neck?

Post Thanks / Like

I never played Schecter but I know Ibanez guitars have some of the best necks I played, also the INF pickups aren't really too good for metal, they are a little muddy with light overdrive but with alot of distortion they will just make noise, I would only recomment the Ibanez if you going to swap the stock pickups but exept that the Ibanez is a shredders dream .
    But that Schecter looks cool too!

And that guitar I posted swade, when I shred on it I kill people instantly

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I played the RG370DX, I think I'll go with it, mainly because of the neck. The pickups sounded really good though, even with high gain settings. I might replace them if I don't like them after some time.

Post Thanks / Like

Ibanez's are great guitars for hard rock/metal. I play pretty much only ibanez's and I've never had a problem at all. There especially good for soloing, because of the thin neck and low action. Definatly a good choice

Post Thanks / Like

You might want to consider a JS series Jackson. They sell for $299 and under and should do you nicely.

The Jackson JS30KV King V:

The Jackson JS30WR Warrior:

Jackson JS30KE Kelly:

Jackson JS30RR Rhoads:

I ordered a Jackson KS30KV King V for $269 including shipping last week.

I really can't afford antother guitar, but it was brand new, on sale, and I got an unexpected check in the mail for $200 and figured "what the hell".

With the King V, I can now complete my poor man's "wanna-be" collection:

Dave Mustaine = Jackson King V
    Jimi Hendrix = Custom Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster w/CS '69 pickups (Pinky)
    John 5 = Custom Squier Telecaster w/all American Telecaster hardware and electronics.

Now if I could only PLAY like them...

-trem

P.S. For $319 and up, some of the above can come with tremolos. I went with the string through since it was much cheaper. I don't really use them in metal songs anyways... it's for the "other" stuff. :P
    Last edited by tremoloman; August 21st, 2006 at 04:03 PM.
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix