Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
I dimed the JTM & The Paul

Thread: I dimed the JTM & The Paul

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up I dimed the JTM & The Paul

Well, yesterday and today I went to the rehearsal room to find my sound with the LP. When I went yesterday, I left/forget my Fulltone OCD at home. I was to lazy to ride back home and get it, becuase it's a 35 minutes ride and it was already 10 in the night. I went plugged in without a pedal attached, I plugged in the high treble 1 channel, no channel jumping, and then I thought why not dime the JTM45....the experience was breathtaking. I cvould hardly believe how gorgeous the sound was, I never ever had such an overdrive with any other guitar or amph. Folks, I have to try to get that on video, this is pure Clapton Beano Sound, Peter Green, Free, Mike Bloomfield, Freddie King, everything in there, controlable feedback and overtones to die for! Backing the volume...crisp and mellow cleans. Usually, the JTM seems very bass heavy, but being played so loud the sound opened up. This gave me an almost sleepless night, because the Les Paul is so beautiful and versatile with a dimed amph that I consider getting an attenuator very soon. Anyways, I also had to find an alternative with pedals at lower volume, volumes that I ususally play, so I went again today with my son who accompanied me on drums. I don't know why, but something told me to take the Ibanez TS9 with me that I hadn't used since I bought the OCD. Well, honestly, the OCD does sound better with a Strat, no question., but I need it to get that slight overdrive for my cleans so that licks are easier to play. When I kicked in the TS9 I was purely blown away. The Gold Top and the TS9 are a deadly good couple. I love the lead tones you get out of it. I have to compromise, because the TS9 is not that good in the cleans, but hey I have both pedals in a chain right now and the Les Paul is a darn darn versatile guitar. At the moment (you all know this can change in a few months) this is the best combination for the Blues, I lose a little bit bite and "cutty-throughness" on the clean end, but I gain hell of a lot on the medium overdriven and overdriven side, playing with volume and tone shows that this guitar is a versatile monster! By the way, it was the first time really that my son played the drums, he did very good and played a blues with me, so be prepared for an upcoming video of the youngster :-)

By the way, all plans to "pimp" the Les Paul ar frozen at the moment, this guitar sound great the way it is. (Please bear in mind, also this opinion is subject to change *lol*)

Thanks for listening :
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Hard to argue with a dimed Marshall! The question is: can you hear anything? I said, "Can you hear anything?"
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

: :
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    Hard to argue with a dimed Marshall! The question is: can you hear anything? I said, "Can you hear anything?"
    What'd he say??? Seriously Jimi, I can only imagine how good that combo sounds right now! Enjoy it while you can, because, as you said, it's always subject to change.
    Ronnie

Guitars: Washburn WI64DL Idol, Yamaha Pacifica 112, Yamaha EG112C, Washburn House of Blues Electric, Washburn G30 Acoustic

Amps: Crate GX1200H Head, Crate 4x12 Cabinet, Crate GLX65 12" Combo, Johnson 15 watt, Fender Frontman 25R

Pedals: Cry Baby Wah, DOD FX20-B Stereo Phaser, Danelectro Cool Cat Transparent Overdrive, Daneletro CM2 Metal II, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro FAB Flange

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for listening?! We'd love to, but you have to give us something to listen to! C'mon, Jimi - my imagination isn't that good!
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Post Thanks / Like

The inexhaustible quest for the ultimate tone......I think you found it Jimi...I wish we could hear it :

M

Post Thanks / Like

Clip Clip Clip !!

My SoundClick -- Rubber Band -- Jazz Trio

--Quebec made 1978 Norman B-30 , Martin Dc 15E , Suzuki Archtop
    -- Fender Start Reissue 57 , Ibanez AR 300 , Peavy Falcon ,Xaviere Xv600,
    -- Fender Telecaster , Charvel_Jackson , Framus Lapsteel
    --Rc boost,Ts9 ,Coolcat-ToD,GGG Fuzz Face, Boss Ce2 , Rc Booster ,Tone driver , Boss dd2 , Boss Gt8 (effects _effects loop)
    --Amp:Traynor Ycv40 wr -- Blackstar HT5-- Car :Toyota Tercel 1999..

/ `--'(
    < [] []////////|:::-)
    \_.--.(

Post Thanks / Like

I knew when you got that there was gunna be some sleepless nights.Cool keep the hair on the back of your neck standing.Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

Jimi,

My Germino is the same way - a tad bassy until you open it up......................and the fun begins! A race horse not happy to just trot.

As for attenuators, I use a THD Hot Plate. It works well with just a notch or two of attenuation. Any more and it squashes the sound.

Congratulations on discovering sonic nirvana. :
    Guitars: 2008 Gibson SG Classic, 2006 Gibson Les Paul Standard LE, 2002 Gibson SG Supreme, 2001 Gibson Les Paul Studio Plus, 1996 Les Paul Studio Gem, American Deluxe Double Fat Strat, Bluesville "Super" Strat Copy, MIK Fender "Limited Edition" Tele, JD Bluesville "Night Pilot", Yamaha AES 820, Steinberger Spirit GT Pro, Taylor 355CE, Ovation 1897 Adamas, Ovation CC057 Celebrity

Amps: Axe FX centered rack rig, Mesa 4x12 cab. Germino Club 40, Johnson JM150 Millennium, Johnson JM250 Millennium, Gibson Titan Medalist Frankenstein.

Effects: Tonebone Trimode, EH Holy Grail, Boss CH-1, Dunlop Crybaby Classic, Framptone Amp Switcher, THD Hot Plate, Yamaha AG Stomp Acoustic Processor, Boss BCB-60 Pedal Board.