Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Latest addition to the herd

Thread: Latest addition to the herd

Post Thanks / Like

Default Latest addition to the herd

And here she is. A 2006 Morgan Monroe M30. Sweet, sweet "000" size. All solid woods, spruce and rosewood. Bought it sight unseen online. Never had even played one and got very lucky. She is a real sweetie.

And all the "Annapolis herd".

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic
    hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.
    There's also a negative side."
    --Hunter S. Thompson

Guitars: Dean Sweet Wood 00R, Martin D2R, Guild D60, Guild D35NT, Morgan Monroe M30, OS baritone Uke

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice Keel!:
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Post Thanks / Like

That is a nice guitar, not really what I needed with Father's Day being so at hand, I should buy me something.

Post Thanks / Like

Süper kool! No you got some sweet looking armada of acoustics.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice Keel! Which is your number one?
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    Very nice Keel! Which is your number one?
    My "favorite" seems to come and go. Kind of depends on what I'm playing. But if the house was on fire the one I'd most like to save is in storage back in St. Pete, the 1975 Guild D35NT. More for sentimental reasons, although she does sound terrific. I've owned the Guild since the mid 80's, and is the first good guitar I ever bought.

Here she is, doing her thing at a bar in St. Pete. I like this pic as I am 1. actually singing into the mic (I have a habit of wandering) and 2. not staring at my fingers!! :

--Hunter S. Thompson

Guitars: Dean Sweet Wood 00R, Martin D2R, Guild D60, Guild D35NT, Morgan Monroe M30, OS baritone Uke

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by evenkeel
    I like your stage monitor.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket
    I like your stage monitor.
    Obviously a very high class bar, with a pro stage set up!!!
    --Hunter S. Thompson

Post Thanks / Like

The MM looks beautiful! What a nice collection of guitars I'd like to fool around with a 000 sometime = but then, that could be dangerous... Does she sound best fingerpicking or strumming?
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

I saw this post last night, but didn't get a chance to respond because it gave me the urge to play my acoustics.

Very nice addition.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tjcurtin1
    The MM looks beautiful! What a nice collection of guitars I'd like to fool around with a 000 sometime = but then, that could be dangerous... Does she sound best fingerpicking or strumming?
    What has impressed me most about this guitar is how versatile it is. Finger picked, strummed it all sounds very nice. Ok, it does not have the volume, low end or "rumble" of a dread. But, it's very balanced with a good all around tone. Mids and highs just sparkle and there is enough bass to give it a good foundation. It also just feels good. I'm 5'7" and hit the scales at 140lbs. Dreads are a lot to deal with and jumbos are a real wrestling match. This 000just fits me. Real fingerstyle guys would likely like a wider fretboard, but it works fine for me.
    --Hunter S. Thompson