Thread: Gig tonight for care takers

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Gig tonight for care takers

An organization in town which operates a wide range of homes and services for older, disabled and vulnerable people are having a staff party tonight.

We are the entertainment!

I will use my minimal set up because of ease of transportation, plus these older people aren't too concerned if I use a 2x12 cab or not! We'll mostly be background music anyway...

I'll use my Reverend Hellhound, my Squier Tele and my MK Patriot Shadow and pedals. My Pedaltrain 2 is filled with various yummy pedals... The Octafuzzy (built by DuhVoodooMan) has a found a good home on my pedal board. :

I will leave the Suhr at home this time for a change. I use it when I play for a crowd who really wants to hear my guitar sound good! We're playing outside tonight too.

I'll try and video film the gig this time. We have a different drummer this time who doesn't know our tunes at all... should be interesting! We have not had even one rehearsal either, in usual fashion. Maybe that's why I don't play the lottery - every gig is big time gambling.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Good to see how you exchange guitars from gig to gig. I do it the same way, I try to do justice to my guitars. One Strat gig, one Paul gig. I think supporting such beneficial events is a great thing. Although if there are no "musicians" in the audience you will be an important part. Good luck for the gig Robert.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Best of luck, Robert! Having a "cold" drummer should be interesting!

Look forward to the vid!
    bigG

Guitars:

Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded Cherry Mahogany, Peavey HP Signature EXP, Epi Sheraton II, Fender Standard Fat Strat, original 1982 Made in the USA Fender Bullet (w original HSC)/ 2005 Martin HD-7 Roger McGuinn Signature Edition (#102 of 250), Martin M-36 (0000), Martin OM-21, Martin 000-15M, Hohner EL-SP Plus Parlor acoustic

Amps: Swart Space Tone 6V6se, Swart Night Light Power Attenuator/compressor/stereo line-out, Peavey Windsor Studio, Vox AD50VT, Fender Super Champ XD, Vox DA15, Marshall MG10KK, '83 Peavey Bandit 65

Pedals: Cry Baby 535q wah, Bad Monkey OD, Boss DS-1, Sabine FuzzStortion, HardWire RV-7 Reverb

www.swartamps.com
    www.ericjosephelectricguitars.com

Carpe diem, brother, cause you don't know how many diems you have left to carpe.

Post Thanks / Like

It was a night with fantastic weather. Sun all evening long!

I won't have time to look at the video until I get back from the K-100 relay next week.

We had a tiny PA and the drummer played electronic drums. I doubt our sound was very good, plus we had many mistakes in playing the tunes...but in case we had a few good moments, I'll share them!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Where I come from a caretaker is what Americans would call a janitor. The title of this thread had me picturing your audience in overalls leaning on brooms
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by markb
    Where I come from a caretaker is what Americans would call a janitor. The title of this thread had me picturing your audience in overalls leaning on brooms
    No, we usually call janitors janitors. Or maybe a "custodian" if we're trying to be a little more PC.

Robert, glad to hear it went well. Were these cover tunes?

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, our usual cover tunes. We play the same old songs we did 5 years ago... because we never rehearse and pick up anything new. Kinda pathetic. In July, we have a blues gig, so the plan is to pick up some "new" blues tunes for that gig.

I haven't looked at the video footage yet, but if there's a few seconds where it sounds decent, I might post it.