Thread: Another 22 Year Guy

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Another 22 Year Guy

Today marks 22 years that my wife and I have been married. I will do a little work patching spots in our driveway and some other odd and end things outside (beautiful day). Later we will go out to eat.

The years seem to zip by. My son is down in Columbus with his buddies. My daughter is taken some college entry exams and it seems like only yesterday they hadn't even entered this world.

Oh, and a Happy Birthday to my friend Yusuf in Philly.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Congrats Strummy! Maybe she will reward you with letting you buy a new guitar, amp or pedal!? But more likely you need to reward her. I hope you have a really nice anniversary! :
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Strummy. If you found a woman who can put up with your sorry a** for 22 years, you better hang on to her with both hands, both feet, and any other body part you can get free.
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats to you both Mark !

Post Thanks / Like

Strummy, congratulations! Happy Anniversary to you both!

2006 Washburn WD55SW Augusta, 2006 Washburn J28S12DL, Washburn EA20SDL,
    2008 American Standard Fender Telecaster
    2008 Rondo Limited Edition SST, G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow, Gibson LP Ultra

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Strum to you and the missus. Twenty-two is certainly a LONG time. While it may not have the "notoriety" of 25 (esp. to women), it's certainly nothing to sneeze at either. Wishing you another 22 happy years of wedded bliss.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats! 22 years, wow!

Time starts flying by from the moment on that you have kids. My son turns 7 now and only today my wife asked me "where have these seven years been?".

I wish you a beautiful day and enjoy the meal :-)

We also go to a restaurant every year on our wedding anniversary.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi75
    Congrats! 22 years, wow!

Time starts flying by from the moment on that you have kids. My son turns 7 now and only today my wife asked me "where have these seven years been?".
    We have been living in SV for about 11 years now, and my oldest son, who was 6 mo. when we moved here, is now closing in on twelve. Repeatedly, the lyric comes into my mind: "And then one day you find, ten years have got behind you . . ." We did not miss the starting gun and have had a lot of great family life out here in the country, but as we added two more kids, and began raising them, those years have gone by quickly. I am constantly reminding myself to appreciate the "now" at least a few times each day.

Strummy, though I am sure those 22 years have flown, I hope you have had good ones, and many more to come. :
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats to the wife Strummy, she must be one heck of a woman.

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, my wife and I spent a lot of time outside today. She working with planting flowers and me patching the drive. By the time we started about eating, we were pretty wiped out. So, we decided on a casual place.

We ended up at a chain called Texas Roadhouse. It wasn't by design, but we ended up sitting in Willie's Corner. It was named for the table Willie sits at when he comes to the restaurant (an event they say has happened a few times). The waitress told me if Willie comes in, you have to move to another table. I told the waitress if Willie comes in he will have to sit with us or find another table. I'm not sure if every Texas Roadhouse has a Willie's Corner, but it is an amusing place to sit. A lot of pics from his early childhood up to now. The table has signed picks embedded in it and people have taken the time to carve some of them out.

Now it's time to play some guitar.

Oh, and thanks for the nice comments.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats to both of you !

My SoundClick -- Rubber Band -- Jazz Trio

--Quebec made 1978 Norman B-30 , Martin Dc 15E , Suzuki Archtop
    -- Fender Start Reissue 57 , Ibanez AR 300 , Peavy Falcon ,Xaviere Xv600,
    -- Fender Telecaster , Charvel_Jackson , Framus Lapsteel
    --Rc boost,Ts9 ,Coolcat-ToD,GGG Fuzz Face, Boss Ce2 , Rc Booster ,Tone driver , Boss dd2 , Boss Gt8 (effects _effects loop)
    --Amp:Traynor Ycv40 wr -- Blackstar HT5-- Car :Toyota Tercel 1999..

/ `--'(
    < [] []////////|:::-)
    \_.--.(

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats to you Mark...and my sympathy to Mrs. Strum
    Guitars: 2002 Les Paul Studio Limited Color's Edition | 2004 Greg Bennett Avion Les Paul Copy | S101 Telecaster project | 2004 Washburn D46 Acoustic

Amplification: Epiphone Valve Jr. Head and Cabinet | VOX AD30VT

Effects: Rocktron Delay | BBE Free Fuzz | Big Muff Pi | Boss Flanger | Bad Monkey | Jekyll and Hyde | Cry Baby Wah | Boss EQ | Behrenger TU300 Tuner |

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Strum.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic
    hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.
    There's also a negative side."
    --Hunter S. Thompson

Guitars: Dean Sweet Wood 00R, Martin D2R, Guild D60, Guild D35NT, Morgan Monroe M30, OS baritone Uke

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations and Happy Anniversary , and wishing you many more, amigo

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Strum...

In this era of 3 month marriages, you must be an example to some in your community! may you have many many more ! *now where did I put that violin*
    “Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It’s the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use.” Stevie Ray Vaughan