Thread: MI Audio Crunch Box

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default MI Audio Crunch Box

I tried this one today while at Avenue Guitars in Edmonton. Very nice pedal! I was impressed. It's like a fatter, Marshall sounding overdrive with distortion tendencies. Lots of gain on top too.

If I needed yet another gain pedal, this one would be a good choice! :

The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

M.I. handbuilds great pedals. The crunch box is definitely the pedal to go for if you search crunch and overdrive. It was 2nd choice when I bought my OCD. What kept me away a little bit from the M.I. pedals Crunchbox/Blues Overdrive was that they sounded like the mids were a little bit scooped, and they have a lot of natural bassiness. I think they work great/best wit Fender amps.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi75
    M.I. handbuilds great pedals. The crunch box is definitely the pedal to go for if you search crunch and overdrive. It was 2nd choice when I bought my OCD. What kept me away a little bit from the M.I. pedals Crunchbox/Blues Overdrive was that they sounded like the mids were a little bit scooped, and they have a lot of natural bassiness. I think they work great/best wit Fender amps.
    Curious...mids scooped and natural bassiness describes the OCD to a tee.