Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

One more for the road

Thread: One more for the road

Post Thanks / Like

Default One more for the road

Last thread until im dixiefried

I started an sg project about 2 years ago came to me as a broke headstock sg bad bruise on top gutted..( supposedly the owner fell off the stage and well there ya go.)...I did relic/distress/ finesse it some but ive added some hot rod goodies also the goods were it was a factory limited teal flip flop color change paintjob with a pro repair to connect the pieces just not finished ..........I snagged some images from the original thread in another time and space.......

Hopefully ILL be able to getrdone tommorow or early tuesday get some pics up tell the story and that will be it for awhile............
    Last edited by mrmudcat; June 18th, 2009 at 08:43 PM.
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

Post Thanks / Like

Been long enough, Muddie! I (along with all the others) have been patiently waiting to hear this lady scream! I love that turned aluminum pick guard - that really sets her off!

Also glad to hear that you're finally coming home! That's overdue also! Good luck with the project and the move Muddie!
    Ronnie

Guitars: Washburn WI64DL Idol, Yamaha Pacifica 112, Yamaha EG112C, Washburn House of Blues Electric, Washburn G30 Acoustic

Amps: Crate GX1200H Head, Crate 4x12 Cabinet, Crate GLX65 12" Combo, Johnson 15 watt, Fender Frontman 25R

Pedals: Cry Baby Wah, DOD FX20-B Stereo Phaser, Danelectro Cool Cat Transparent Overdrive, Daneletro CM2 Metal II, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro FAB Flange

Post Thanks / Like

"I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

Post Thanks / Like

Those white lighting spots are not there I cant see a crack from frontside at all.I did a fiberglass wrap in front and then fiberglass bondo /bondo...sand sand wet sand paint repeat ....gibson has the proprietary on this technique.They wrap the whole thing in fiberglass and then bondo ....: ...........shhhhhhhhhhhhhh my secret

The back I left unfinished so I can tell if it starts to part............never!!!!:
    Last edited by mrmudcat; June 19th, 2009 at 02:39 PM.
    Duane Skydog Allman

Post Thanks / Like

Inside ..................damn those solders look good

Well thats it last project before hitting the road................:
    Last edited by mrmudcat; June 18th, 2009 at 09:32 PM.
    Duane Skydog Allman

Post Thanks / Like

Parts used : Luxe 1956-1960 Bumblebee repro Capacitors Pair .022uF 400v PIO ,wcr hand wound pups fillmores,tone pros/kluson,rsguitarworks superpots500k kit,swithcraft................this was a visual art fart project for me.........Feedback on the relicing..appreciated..............was originally abused and reliced but I added some artistic flair, hand sanded a few spots after taking off the clear and finished in semi gloss once for sealing purposes.(want wood to breath) The high price art moves to the back with the luxe caps.........I know high priced russion oil/paper.......I just wanted visual but the sound of these are heaven ....with sum of all parts!! The combo of the pups ,turned aluminum scratchplate,and the breathability of the wood=sustain sustain sustain

I hope to be heading for dixie by next weekend.........We are hand packing our gear I hope a 24 ft(biggest) will hold it all ...........With a jack russel, a lab, 3 boys ..........newyork traffic.......... .............It will be interesting...........peace my brothers and sisters........and for the record vood owes me a digi delay build:

SG and dimed marshall test in the morning/afternoon:

http://www.rsguitarworks.net/rsstore/index.php

http://www.wcrguitar.com/
    Last edited by mrmudcat; June 18th, 2009 at 10:06 PM.
    Duane Skydog Allman

Post Thanks / Like

Now that is properly relic'd!
    I wouldn't change a thing bro... those battle scars are badges of honor.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Looks good mudcat!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

I really really like the sanded portions on the body where it has the red color of the wood coming through and the white outlines around it. Looking forward to hearing it sing!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vroomery
    I really really like the sanded portions on the body where it has the red color of the wood coming through and the white outlines around it. Looking forward to hearing it sing!

Hey thanks for picking up on the 3 -Dimential paint /sanding.A good and long missed buddy (Dreadman) was the only one to point out my sanding details in original thread!!!(believe me when I say ive got some blood sweat and tears and time into this pet!:

If you look at some of the reliced guitars out there ,they just dont look natural!! I have been rubbing the edges with my fingers since : On a visual glance I will say it is my best one yet!!! Real SOUNDtest as soon as it is me and the dogs..............

Thanks for comments Rocket and SVL....keep em coming even harsh ones but be respectful
    Duane Skydog Allman

Post Thanks / Like

Looking good Mud, really nice project you have there.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, the SG looks great. You did a great job on it! Plank, I saw the 500k pots and the Luxe BBs. I was opting for a vintage LP set containing 500k pots and Luxe BBs (0.22), too, but I fear my LP getting too bright sounding....not sure....what's your experience here?
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

I like and use that kit alot. on all my humbucked guitars with a few exceptions brother.(modern kit in a few)All the pots measure 500k++

I have measured some gibby pots under 250k:

That in my opinion is why some paulas sound muddy (no play on words).Also the taper on both V and T pots is awesome compared to stalk. Of course my vin explorers are stock ............ they both have the gibby goods............if you are getting a good sound dont change a thing I myself love rs pots and the company has been awesome to me !!!Great southern people taking care of lost swamp brethren such as myself Jimi if ya need a kit please let me know I can work magic on paula I know!(I believe the brains of the company or atleast the order taker: ):
    Last edited by mrmudcat; June 19th, 2009 at 09:17 AM.
    Duane Skydog Allman

Post Thanks / Like

VERY nice, mud! You have more patience than I do! Looks fantastic! Can't wait to hear it...

Have a safe trip home!
    bigG

Guitars:

Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded Cherry Mahogany, Peavey HP Signature EXP, Epi Sheraton II, Fender Standard Fat Strat, original 1982 Made in the USA Fender Bullet (w original HSC)/ 2005 Martin HD-7 Roger McGuinn Signature Edition (#102 of 250), Martin M-36 (0000), Martin OM-21, Martin 000-15M, Hohner EL-SP Plus Parlor acoustic

Amps: Swart Space Tone 6V6se, Swart Night Light Power Attenuator/compressor/stereo line-out, Peavey Windsor Studio, Vox AD50VT, Fender Super Champ XD, Vox DA15, Marshall MG10KK, '83 Peavey Bandit 65

Pedals: Cry Baby 535q wah, Bad Monkey OD, Boss DS-1, Sabine FuzzStortion, HardWire RV-7 Reverb

www.swartamps.com
    www.ericjosephelectricguitars.com

Carpe diem, brother, cause you don't know how many diems you have left to carpe.