Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Some new toys (for me)

Thread: Some new toys (for me)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Some new toys (for me)

Well, here goes...

The Dunlop "Original" Cry Baby Wah pedal (GCB-95) $35 from local CL
    and other Dunlop freebies that came with the free replacement feet.

It is built solid with a cast steel base and treadle. This pedal has very smooth action, not too loose or tight... just right. The Cry Baby Wah has a clean voice. It does and sounds exactly what a Wah pedal should. The extras came from Dunlop. The Cry Baby came with out feet (was board mounted) so I called Dunlop customer service. They sent out the new feet along with about 50 picks and a set of strap locks... for FREE! Now thats customer service!

The MXR Dyna Comp (M-102) $48 from private sale shipping incl.

When you plug into this puppy, your guitar seems to come alive. The over all tone becomes tighter, more focused, more sustain. It limits the louder tones and boosts the softer ones, leveling out the overall sound. The sweet spot? Set the BOOST between 2-3 o'clock and the SENSITIVITY between 9-10 o'clock, turn on and go. It is very easy to use. It works great for rhythm or lead.

My toys (keeping things simple):

DOD TR3R (sampler-delay / stereo chorus / distortion)
    Thom Scholz Rockman Soloist (for that 70's "Boston" sound)
    Dunlop Cry Baby (the original Wah)
    MXR Dyna Comp (the standard in compressors)
    Ibanez MT10 MOStortion (Like a Tube Screamer with 3 band EQ)
    -- Joe --
    Guitars:
    Gibson: '08 Longhorn DC HS
    Martin: '09 OM-1
    Ovation: '07 Elite-T 1868T; '95 Celebrity Deluxe CC257; '95 Balladeer 1751 12-string
    Fender: '91 Stratocaster Plus; '69 Mustang Competition; '08 Squier Telecaster CV50
    Other: '77 Bradley Les Paul Custom; '03 Michael Kelly Patriot Q
    Bass: '08 Dean EABC
    Effects:
    MXR Dyna Comp; Dunlop Crybaby; DOD TR3R; Ibanez MT10; Rockman Soloist
    Amps:
    Genz Benz Shenandoah Jr.; Peavey Studio Pro 110; Tascam MP-GT1

Post Thanks / Like

Nice score! I love the Dyna Comp too. I used one for many years. It really helped in a lot of ways. Congrats.:

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Funny how everyone that uses a Dyna Comp winds up with the knobs roughly "looking" at each other as you describe. It seems to be the only way to use that pedal, it's certainly about the same setting I used when I had one.
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice score! I remember one of my teachers had a Rockman and I think you will love it! It's a great tool.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by markb
    Funny how everyone that uses a Dyna Comp winds up with the knobs roughly "looking" at each other as you describe. It seems to be the only way to use that pedal, it's certainly about the same setting I used when I had one.
    That's for an always on situation, but crank that sensitivity up to 2 o'clock and it's chicken pickin' heaven!!! Great pedal!