Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Parkers Guitars love them or hate them?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Parkers Guitars love them or hate them?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Parkers Guitars love them or hate them?

I was just wondering does anyone own one or played one.
    And if so what did you think of that axe. Just mostly curious about the brand i.e. quality, sound, tone, playability.

thanks
    Last edited by Spudman; June 16th, 2009 at 06:07 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Parker p-36,which is their low end stuff with the bolt on necks,they are alright,but Rondos SX models are a better bang for the buck.Now Parkers high end models,I can't say I have never played one.Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

I'd love to have a Parker Fly Supreme. Kind of my be all end all guitar.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Played a Parker Nitefly once at a gig and it is a great guitar.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

I'll take one if you're offering.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

I've always liked Parker guitars. They look kind of funny but they are very comfortable to play. The US models are very well made and my friend just bought a P-44 that seems like a great value.
    Patrick

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sumitomo
    I have a Parker p-36,which is their low end stuff with the bolt on necks,they are alright,but Rondos SX models are a better bang for the buck.Now Parkers high end models,I can't say I have never played one.Sumi

Do you LOVE your P-36 or is it just a ok axe to you?
    Also, knowing what you know now about the P-36 would you buy the P-36 now?

Only asking because it happens to be on my GAS List. LOL

Maxi

Post Thanks / Like

To me it is just alright,the piezo bridge is cool,the neck is small and their are other guitars out there for half the price that are just as good if not better.Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

I've had several and this is the best one.
    An '02 Custom shop Classic Hardtail with factory Duncans.
    Killer guitar.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzrat
    I've had several and this is the best one.
    An '02 Custom shop Classic Hardtail with factory Duncans.
    Killer guitar.

Nice ax the red just jumps off the guitar.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I think I would like that one . . .
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

What a beauty. That's my dream guitar.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hubberjub
    I've always liked Parker guitars. They look kind of funny but they are very comfortable to play. The US models are very well made and my friend just bought a P-44 that seems like a great value.
    I feel the same way about the looks.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the idea of Parker guitars, but have never played one. I like to see companies moving guitar technology along instead of just building clones of 50 year old designs. I was considering getting a Tele-type axe, but would like to try the P36 as an alternative.

With my budget I could only consider their budget models and I know they don't include the exotic materials.

Some players I admire such as Adrian Belew and Vernon Reid seem to like them.

I really ought to find some I can try out. I'm not sure the local guitar shops carry them.
    Guitars: Gordon Smith GS2 electric, Dean Performer E acoustic
    Amps: Roland Cube 80x, Peavey Backstage 110
    Other: Korg Pandora 2, Zoom H4

Post Thanks / Like

You'll be blown away by how light they are.
    Patrick

Post Thanks / Like

like other brands, there is a big difference between the import entry level models and the custom shop models.

Parkers and Washburns are built in the same US Custom Shop, which is run by Terry Atkins, who came up in Gibsons Nashville plant . One shop owner I know feels that shop produces the finest custom guitars made in America(not including boutique stuff, we're talkin' name brands), on a par with PRS and far better than Fender or Gibson.

Those Nitefly's are amazing. I messed around with a friends once. SUPER lite, thin neck. NOT cheap though. I was also considering a P36 as an cheap alternative to a MIM tele.

Post Thanks / Like

These are Nitefly's in production. They are neckthrough, and because they are so thin, the entire backside is "skinned" in carbon fiber for strength. One sheet runs from headstock to strap pin. Pretty cool.

and the finished product. HIGH on my "lust list"

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I am looking again, and I do like them, esp. the overall body design. To be nitpicky, I don't like that big black bridge piece that much. I think it should be slimmed down or reduced. It looks too much like the overly big black bumpers that were on all the sporty cars of the 80s. Doesn't fit with the nice overall design in my opinion. The concept, and the materials sound cool though. I would have to play around and see if I got along with that cluster of controls too. Seems kinda crunched together.

[/QUOTE]
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Guys the p-36 is not a light guitar,it is wood the nut is 1 5/8 (to me a small neck) I gave mine to my 9 yr old so she can learn.I have fun with it now and then.It's what shall I say middle of the road.Sumi:S

Line 6 M13

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast