Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
The Peter Green Story

Thread: The Peter Green Story

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Peter Green Story

This is in 12 parts. Pretty cool. Just follow the yellow brick road to the next video.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTSpOUHkFE4

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Got the DVD at home. Fascinating. This guy was/is so great.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi75
    Got the DVD at home. Fascinating. This guy was/is so great.
    Ya. I really had no idea. My first introduction to Fleetwood Mac was after Bob Welch joined the band so I missed the whole Peter Green thing. Sad thing is I had a childhood friend and classmate who did a little too much acid and ended up schizophrenic as well. He's never come back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Ya. I really had no idea. My first introduction to Fleetwood Mac was after Bob Welch joined the band so I missed the whole Peter Green thing. Sad thing is I had a childhood friend and classmate who did a little too much acid and ended up schizophrenic as well. He's never come back.
    Yeah these drugs....maybe you wanna re-read my thread about when I met Peter Green. It was a not of this earth meeting.

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.ph...ht=peter+green
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah these drugs....maybe you wanna re-read my thread about when I met Peter Green. It was a not of this earth meeting.

Jimi, just read your Peter Green story and your Fender employment story from the link you posted to that earlier thread.

Man, both are really great stories and you tell them well! My hat's off to you, my friend. You've experienced an awful lot of the wonderful world of music life. I had no idea, being such a relatively new fretter.

I relate some stories of my musical past in threads that seem to bring a particular story to mind. I sure would like to hear alot more of your stories. I'm sure you have many! Please share them w us as pertinent threads come up, or just start a new thread abt your stories!

I love telling, and hearing, stories like this. Yours are probably in a whole other league than mine, from what I've read re Peter and Fender...and the hint at Noel Redding (remember Fat Matress?).

Anyway, please relate as many stories as you can when you feel like it. I look forward to hearing them!

G
    bigG

Guitars:

Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded Cherry Mahogany, Peavey HP Signature EXP, Epi Sheraton II, Fender Standard Fat Strat, original 1982 Made in the USA Fender Bullet (w original HSC)/ 2005 Martin HD-7 Roger McGuinn Signature Edition (#102 of 250), Martin M-36 (0000), Martin OM-21, Martin 000-15M, Hohner EL-SP Plus Parlor acoustic

Amps: Swart Space Tone 6V6se, Swart Night Light Power Attenuator/compressor/stereo line-out, Peavey Windsor Studio, Vox AD50VT, Fender Super Champ XD, Vox DA15, Marshall MG10KK, '83 Peavey Bandit 65

Pedals: Cry Baby 535q wah, Bad Monkey OD, Boss DS-1, Sabine FuzzStortion, HardWire RV-7 Reverb

www.swartamps.com
    www.ericjosephelectricguitars.com

Carpe diem, brother, cause you don't know how many diems you have left to carpe.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, cool! Really looking forward to being able to sit down and watch that all the way through. I've loved Green's work since he replaced EC in Mayall's Bluesbreakers back around '67 or so, and of course with the original Fleetwood Mac lineup. Thanks for posting the link, Spuds. : :
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    Wow, cool! Really looking forward to being able to sit down and watch that all the way through. I've loved Green's work since he replaced EC in Mayall's Bluesbreakers back around '67 or so, and of course with the original Fleetwood Mac lineup. Thanks for posting the link, Spuds. : :
    Just a personal opinion:
    I like Clapton's work slightly better for the Bluesbrakers. The Clapton BB album is breathtaking. I listen to it over and over again. A true masterpiece. Green was a great "replacement" but for me Green started to shine when he founded Fleetwood Mac. The three albums he recorded with FM bear so much incredible songwriting. The poeple that are suspected to be responsible for the toxic drink that kicked Green forever out of his life and he never really recoverd were Uschi Obermayer and Rainer Langhans who had a famous hippie commune. Uschi was one of Germany's most beautiful woman and she surely attracted Peter's attention so that he stayed at her house. In the documentary they tell no names, but it was her - I know - for sure.

Uschi Obermaier:

Post Thanks / Like

Wow Jimi thats a cool story,I like Pete's work and I have known a few people who went astro traveling and never came back.Its hard to live on this side when you know whats waiting on the other.Sumi
    Yep I have driven a moon rover or two over a stucco ceiling and have even seen the L.A. Forum explode!!:
    Last edited by sumitomo; June 17th, 2009 at 04:35 PM.
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

What a great series, thanks Spud:

M

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M29
    What a great series, thanks Spud:

M
    You're welcome. I really enjoyed it too. I didn't know much about Peter before and certainly have a better appreciation for him now.

Post Thanks / Like

Man what an amazing story. Must have been surreal.

And that video series is amazing, one of the best Documentaries I have seen, Peter Green has always been one of my favorite musicians. Its amazing to see what he accomplished in such a short time.

Post Thanks / Like

This program was shown on BBC4 a few months back in its entirety, I think as part of a night dedicated to Peter Green, I`ve been playing I need your love so bad ever since. Tonights feature is Leonard Cohen .

Post Thanks / Like

I am really enjoying this series. When Peter says it is good to revisit your self while talking about the song Oh Well, I felt that I hoped it helped him to do that, he seemed to get a kick out of that when he said it. Ya really wish the best for him. I was 17 when they came over here to tour and they left such a lasting impression on me. The three guitars driving hard and Mick with his elbows going up and down, I thought was really cool. I played drums then but the guitars really left an impression on me and contributed to me playing today.

What a great band.

Post Thanks / Like

Really engaging piece- couldn't stop watching once I started. I only knew bits of the story - interesting to hear the whole thing, and glad it ended as it did for Peter. It's great that he's back to playing!
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Post Thanks / Like

Great and touching story ,good to see him back..

Thanks Spud..

My SoundClick -- Rubber Band -- Jazz Trio

--Quebec made 1978 Norman B-30 , Martin Dc 15E , Suzuki Archtop
    -- Fender Start Reissue 57 , Ibanez AR 300 , Peavy Falcon ,Xaviere Xv600,
    -- Fender Telecaster , Charvel_Jackson , Framus Lapsteel
    --Rc boost,Ts9 ,Coolcat-ToD,GGG Fuzz Face, Boss Ce2 , Rc Booster ,Tone driver , Boss dd2 , Boss Gt8 (effects _effects loop)
    --Amp:Traynor Ycv40 wr -- Blackstar HT5-- Car :Toyota Tercel 1999..

/ `--'(
    < [] []////////|:::-)
    \_.--.(

Post Thanks / Like

More infos on gears and recording here

http://guitarplayer.wordpress.com/20...n-guitar-hero/
    My SoundClick -- Rubber Band -- Jazz Trio

--Quebec made 1978 Norman B-30 , Martin Dc 15E , Suzuki Archtop
    -- Fender Start Reissue 57 , Ibanez AR 300 , Peavy Falcon ,Xaviere Xv600,
    -- Fender Telecaster , Charvel_Jackson , Framus Lapsteel
    --Rc boost,Ts9 ,Coolcat-ToD,GGG Fuzz Face, Boss Ce2 , Rc Booster ,Tone driver , Boss dd2 , Boss Gt8 (effects _effects loop)
    --Amp:Traynor Ycv40 wr -- Blackstar HT5-- Car :Toyota Tercel 1999..

/ `--'(
    < [] []////////|:::-)
    \_.--.(