Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Schaller Security Locks - Safety First!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Schaller Security Locks - Safety First!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Schaller Security Locks - Safety First!

I don't know what your way is to keep your guitar safe and firm on the guitarstripe, but I have been using Schaller Security Locks for years now. The system is easy to install. Remove your guitarpin, install the Schaller Pin, and install the counterpart of the pin on your stripe. There you go. Less than 5 minutes of work. You can kind of click the stripe onto the pin and you can not remove it unless you pull up a littel round knob on the part that you install on your stripe. The lock system is available in chrome, black and gold and in my opinion it does not destory the look of your guitar - well, it looks better than a broken guitar in any way! Playing live at least 2 times per month and sometimes being a little wilder on stage, this is a great system to keep my guitars safe, but also at home....you grab something to drink, tipp sometinh into your computer, and you can be sure the guitar will not fall to the ground, but stay fix around your neck. An investment that everyone should make. I have seen people with huge vintage pins on their guitars and...they dropped.

"A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Another way to go

The poor...er, frugal man's strap-lok: take an old credit card and cut out a circle abt 1" in diameter. Punch a hole in the middle of the circle just large enough to fit the git's stock strap buttons. Put your strap over the button as usual, then pop your home-made strap-lok on after the strap. Will NOT come off til you take it off. No mods, no expense...voila!
    bigG

Guitars:

Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded Cherry Mahogany, Peavey HP Signature EXP, Epi Sheraton II, Fender Standard Fat Strat, original 1982 Made in the USA Fender Bullet (w original HSC)/ 2005 Martin HD-7 Roger McGuinn Signature Edition (#102 of 250), Martin M-36 (0000), Martin OM-21, Martin 000-15M, Hohner EL-SP Plus Parlor acoustic

Amps: Swart Space Tone 6V6se, Swart Night Light Power Attenuator/compressor/stereo line-out, Peavey Windsor Studio, Vox AD50VT, Fender Super Champ XD, Vox DA15, Marshall MG10KK, '83 Peavey Bandit 65

Pedals: Cry Baby 535q wah, Bad Monkey OD, Boss DS-1, Sabine FuzzStortion, HardWire RV-7 Reverb

www.swartamps.com
    www.ericjosephelectricguitars.com

Carpe diem, brother, cause you don't know how many diems you have left to carpe.

Post Thanks / Like

Another good & cheap thing is the rubber ring of those beer swing top bottles / clip-top bottles (howevver it's called)

I had the Schaller straplocks for years - they are good if you want to use several guitars with one strap - but they can fall off if you don't take care.

I think, these are the best ones available:
    Great things, I equipped all my guitars with those.:

Post Thanks / Like

Back in college the strap on my bass came loose. Somehow or the other I had the presence of mind to catch it before it went crashing to the ground. I've had Schallers on everything ever since. I still need to get a set for my Spector.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have the Dunlop version installed on my guitars. I just wish they sold the strap part only, so you could equip more straps. I have used a variation of the beer washer idea too, with some rubber plumbing washers.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Some nice ideas here. My opinion was and is if I spend so much money on a new guitar, 20USD for the security sytem don't make me any poorer, plus I got a three years manufacturer guarantee here in Germany.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi75
    Some nice ideas here. My opinion was and is if I spend so much money on a new guitar, 20USD for the security sytem don't make me any poorer, plus I got a three years manufacturer guarantee here in Germany.
    Jimi,

I have the same locks on two of my guitars (Wildkat and Strat). What I like about them is the fact that they also have a gravity safety to them. If for some reason they are not fully locked, the design is such that gravity plays a part in keeping them in the "U" portion (or cup). I also have a set of Dunlop, but I feel safer with Schaller.

The other thing nice about Schaller - after you buy the first set ($14.75 US), you can buy just the button $1.50 US$ (plus $0.21 for the screw) and don't have to buy a complete set

I should add, there are some pretty good alternative suggestions in this thread.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

I just use the free ones that come with a loaf of bread
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by markb
    I just use the free ones that come with a loaf of bread
    +1

Post Thanks / Like

I used to use nothing but the Schaller Locks for all my guitars, however in the past six months I've switched them all over to the Marvel Locks. So-o-o much easier to use than the Schaller, with the added benefit that that don't stick up and inch and a half. I can get 3 sets of these for $25....chrome, black, or gold.

LIVE AND LET ROCK!!

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Marvel Locks: I can't tell how they work - how is the belt portion connected to the button on the guitar?
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Dunno if this will help. It very simple to understand when you have it in your
    hand. When you try to explain it to someone else...not so much.

LIVE AND LET ROCK!!

Post Thanks / Like

So, the part that would stay on the strap of the other locking systems doesn't do that on these? It appears the entire unit stay with the guitar and allows you to switch straps more conveniently.

How does one portion connect to the other (screw on, quick disconnect)?
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

The connection is similar to the way tools are connected to a compressed air
    hose. So, yes...it is quick connect if that makes sense. As for attaching to
    the strap. The first two plates squeeze the strap between them and is
    tightened down by the thumb screw. I'm doing a terrible job explaining them
    but trust me, they are them simplest, fastest, most secure strap lock you could
    ever want.
    LIVE AND LET ROCK!!

Post Thanks / Like

They sound similar to the Dunlops. The one thing I don't like about Dunlop, I find them very difficult to fasten the one end to the strap. If the strap is thick, it is a b***** to get it secured to the strap. Maybe the ones you suggest are better in that department.

As for describing, as soon as you mentioned the compressor hose, the picture was crystal clear.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    Marvel Locks: I can't tell how they work - how is the belt portion connected to the button on the guitar?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket
    your point?
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

No point... just a close-up look at how they work for anyone that didn't know.

Post Thanks / Like

The Schallers are on all my guitars except the SG I just bought, and they'll be on that one soon. I like the safety afforded by the Schaller design. It's a lot harder to accidentally release a mechanism that requires pulling out rather than pushing in, which bumping into or leaning against something could conceivably do. And when installed correctly, even if the mechanism did release accidentally, gravity works in your favor, holding the strap button down in the u-shaped holder on the strap. Quite a clever design, I think. :

Photo from StewMac site:

DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast