Thread: Highway One Strat

Post Thanks / Like

Default Highway One Strat

OK FOLKS I am looking for feedback information on this axe The Fender Highway 1 Stratocaster.

Owners and guys/gals who have played one did you love it, hate it,
    would you recommend it. I am looking for my !st Strat so please tell me what you think!

Cheers,
    Maxifunk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MAXIFUNK
    OK FOLKS I am looking for feedback information on this axe The Fender Highway 1 Stratocaster.

Owners and guys/gals who have played one did you love it, hate it,
    would you recommend it. I am looking for my !st Strat so please tell me what you think!

Cheers,
    Maxifunk
    Oh yeah I have one of these on hold Limited Edition Stratocaster with Direct-Mount Pickups ( the one with the 60th anvi. tag on the neck).

May get both but 1st I need to try out a Highway 1.
    So, please tell what you think of the Highway 1.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

I like it. I almost bought one, but opted for the Deluxe Players instead, mostly because it has noiseless pickups. Try both and see which one you prefer.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yeah, I agree, try then buy. I tried a Highway One when I shopped for my strat, along with the 60th Ann. one I did get (see pic in Avatar), and some other std. MIM's. I went with the 60th because is was brighter, but that was my taste. The H1 was a nice guitar too. But I would look at the CV squiers as well if you are shopping for a first strat. Most here seem to like the 50's but I like the looks/sound of the 60's at least in the clips I listened to. They are supposed to be excellent for the money and on par with most MIMs.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

I bought one in sunburst and I love mine .....the simple paint has the look I like........sound is nice and mine is staying stock........the newer highways have better tonal range and is updated with a few extras like better trem block I think but not sure
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

Post Thanks / Like

I like the Highway 1 series a lot. It's a much better value than the American Standard series. Don't expect it to play like a vintage Strat though. They have a fairly flat radius and HUGE frets.
    Patrick

Post Thanks / Like

Played one that blew me away! I was only steps away from buying it, when the offer for my Marshall came. You can't go wrong with the Highway 1 Strat. It is a great instrument.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Mine is a 2006 model and i love it, the only thing i upgraded was the pickups to
    Bareknuckle Apache pickups. Nice guitar.

Post Thanks / Like

Max, I recently bought a blem model in the hss format. I don't know why it was a blem, all I could find was the plastic removed from the covers. I don't think you could go wrong with that guitar. I got the flat black, but changed to black pick guard and back cover. I love the way the guitar resonates thru my body while playing. The only other guitar that I've owned that resonates like that is my Elitist LP. The frets are big, but so am I. The bridge pick-up is way hot and works great for heavier songs and the middle pick-up has no tone control and sounds like a hendrix type tone thru my Crate V18 with a modded tube screamer. Best $600 I've spent. Check out the blacK out looks with the rosewood board. I like how the pick guard is shiny, but the paint is flat. The upper bout is starting to polish up nice from my forearm.

http://www.thefret.net/vbimghost.php...img&imgid=1094

Post Thanks / Like

They're good. You can shine them up if you don't like the matt finish. They come out looking like a Custom Shop "thinskin".

Link to polishing discussion
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Post Thanks / Like

I went to GC Friday after work and I played the Highway one, the Deluxe players, & American Standard. I did not plug them in i wanted to just see how they felt in my hands. If had the dough i would buy all 3. LOL
    the Sienna Sunburst is off the charts cool looking AXE.

But for now since I have short stubby fingers I think I am going with the highway 1 and take advantage of GC's no payment no intrest for a year and pay it off in 6 or 7 months. Hell I might get a tele highway 1 while I'm at it.

Thanks for all the feed back.
    I am new to this site but I really to like the vibe of the folks who post on here.
    Informative, honest, & no ego madness. Even though I know a lot of the guys here have been jamming for years they take the time to respond to a new player like myself. :

Post Thanks / Like

I love mine it sounds devine but id rather have an american standard but pprobably because I dont so much like getting used to my guitars i like to get newww ones ha ha

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent guitar, especially for the price!
    bigG

Guitars:

Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded Cherry Mahogany, Peavey HP Signature EXP, Epi Sheraton II, Fender Standard Fat Strat, original 1982 Made in the USA Fender Bullet (w original HSC)/ 2005 Martin HD-7 Roger McGuinn Signature Edition (#102 of 250), Martin M-36 (0000), Martin OM-21, Martin 000-15M, Hohner EL-SP Plus Parlor acoustic

Amps: Swart Space Tone 6V6se, Swart Night Light Power Attenuator/compressor/stereo line-out, Peavey Windsor Studio, Vox AD50VT, Fender Super Champ XD, Vox DA15, Marshall MG10KK, '83 Peavey Bandit 65

Pedals: Cry Baby 535q wah, Bad Monkey OD, Boss DS-1, Sabine FuzzStortion, HardWire RV-7 Reverb

www.swartamps.com
    www.ericjosephelectricguitars.com

Carpe diem, brother, cause you don't know how many diems you have left to carpe.