Thread: Cliff Burton "Wah" sound?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cliff Burton "Wah" sound?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_HmN...eature=related

0:45 to 0:57. Watch it. He like, moves his over the E string, but he must be hitting a switch? How do you do this?

He had other basses and did the same effect. He did it on studio recordings as well.

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Unlike conventional bassists, Cliff used a wah pedal (plus tons of other effects, gave him that 6-string-shredder sound).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Icedgreece
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_HmN...eature=related

0:45 to 0:57. Watch it. He like, moves his over the E string, but he must be hitting a switch? How do you do this?

He had other basses and did the same effect. He did it on studio recordings as well.

Thanks.

I would love to be able to give ya the secret....BURTON=BASSGOD
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

Post Thanks / Like

Watching Cliff play....man he had some heavy magical aura surrounding him. No one knew how he created all these weird sounds. Take a look at the 81,81 videos, his solo where he beats the strings with his right hand, simultaneously using the wah wah. Incredible. So sorry, but I can not answer your question.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)