Thread: Vibrolux Reverb

Post Thanks / Like

Default Vibrolux Reverb

Hello, Well I am in need of some advice. Just a Few weeks ago I got my hands on a used Marshall BluesBreaker amp. It sounds great, and I have been using it alot. Well my Vibrolux has just been sitting there. It has been my plan to sell it, if/when I got a Marshall. So I thought I would post it on Craigslist, but before I did my friend offered me his Gibson LP Studio and 500 dollars. The Lp is used, it has its fair bit of beat on it, but nothing that affects playability. Now I was really tempted to take this offer. I mean the amp sounds great, but I really don't need both the Fender and Marshall. I am planning on saving up for a new guitar, (which I would like to be a LP GoldTop with p90's) or do the responsible thing and put the money towards college. So I have been planning on selling the LP standard that I own aswell, and if it does sell it would be nice to have another Lp lying around. Well heres the question, is this a good deal? or could I do better putting the thing on ebay/ Craigslist. Thanks for reading this any advice would be appreciated. Oh and the Fender is from the 70's, not sure on the exact year.
    Last edited by Disraeli; June 18th, 2009 at 10:11 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Let me be honest with you. Unless you don't exactly know what you want you should take some time and make up your mind. Really, why would you want to get the LP Studio plus 500USD? Clarify first of all what the current market prices are for a used and old LP Studio, please bear in mind that you get brand new Studios at very low prices nowadays! Check if selling the Vibrolux brings you more. What sound are you looking for? You need to define it for you and leave a little room if your musical taste changes. Be prepared. The Bluesbraker is a great amp! You already own a LP Std, so this already a great combination. Maybe you can live with that until you safed up for a Gold Top.
    Your post sounds like this topic is making you think a lot. Here's what I would do:
    1. Check prices for the Vibrolux. Try to sell it asap, as you seem not to be using it.
    2. Check all pedals and tab books you have, put the ones you really don't need on ebay.
    3. Check if you got the money together for the Bluesbraker now. If so....buy it!
    4. Play the Bluesbraker with your LP Std. This might already be the solution for you.
    5. A new Gold Top costs a bunch of money. How about cheking your local guitar tech/luthier. Get some used P-90s and ask him about the price of a refin into GT. This could be way cheaper as buying a new GT, plus you feel home on your LP and don't have to get used to a new guitar!!! Very valuable aspect you should keep in mind.
    6. Keep your hands off the LP Studio blablabla deal. It's not what you want.
    7. The secret is knowing what you want! I've learned my lesson. I feared selling big parts of my gear, but truth is that the few pieces I bought out of the sales money make me a happy guitar playing dude, who get his dream sound out of his dream amp, guitar and only 1 or two pedals.

Good luck!
    Jimi75
    :
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

If the Vibrolux is the Reissue, it is worth 1400 new. If it is in good condition between 800 and 1000 would be a fair price. It also depends on what you have in the amp dollar wise. I wanted a Marshall and since I found one I had not played my other Fender amps. Lately that is all I have been playing. So I would not be in a hurry to sell the Vibrolux. It is a nice amp.
    Now if you are really into a goldtop then sell the amp outright and your Standard and put that money towards the Goldie. At this point the 500 and the other LP would not serve any purpose.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZMAN
    Now if you are really into a goldtop then sell the amp outright and your Standard and put that money towards the Goldie.
    The Goldieclub community here is growing fast it seems
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZMAN
    If the Vibrolux is the Reissue, it is worth 1400 new. .
    Its not a reissue, its from the early 70's. There's a few on Ebay from the same year range that mine is, Ill keep an eye to see what they go for.

And I already own the Bluesbreaker, sorry for the confusion.

Post Thanks / Like

Just being the Devil's advocate here - as soon as you sell the Vibrolux you are going to regret it and you'll never be able to replace it at a reasonable price. You'll be saying for years to come "why did I ever sell the Vibro?" If you aren't really strapped for $ hang on to it for a while. It will increase in value and you'll have time to really assess whether or not you want to get rid of it. This process may take a year or more but to me it's like wearing a helmet - better to be safe than sorry.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

KEEP THE VIBROLUX. If it's from the 70's don't part for that for a guitar that is worn down and $500. Take your time, save some cash and get a new LP.

Personally, I like to have more than one amp for different tones and tend to play one for a long time and then jump to another. It's a cool combo to have, a Marshall and a Fender, so I wouldn't part with the Fender at all.
    Guitars: 2003 and 2004 American series strats, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Strat, Squier Deluxe Strat.

Amps: Line 6 Spider IV 120, Vox AD50VT 212, and Peavey Transtube Bandit 112.

Pedals: Digitech Bad Monkey.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh man dont sell it,later down the road you will say what was I thinkin',and those new one come close but not quite.Get a A/B box and have some fun with both amphs at the same time.Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sumitomo
    Oh man dont sell it,later down the road you will say what was I thinkin',and those new one come close but not quite.Get a A/B box and have some fun with both amphs at the same time.Sumi
    Good point. Plus, how many of us "GASSERS" have sold or traded an amp, only to regret it later??
    Guitars: 2003 and 2004 American series strats, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Strat, Squier Deluxe Strat.

Amps: Line 6 Spider IV 120, Vox AD50VT 212, and Peavey Transtube Bandit 112.

Pedals: Digitech Bad Monkey.