Thread: We finally sold our apartment!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up We finally sold our apartment!

It's done! Our broker called us today and congratulated us. We sold our apartment, that we had bought when we were young (too young).

Unfortunately it's too small for a family with two kids. As you can imagine the market is pretty down worldwide and we knew it was going to be a challenge.

It feels strange right now, we have to realize that a period of almost 10 years is about to end pretty soon. The good thing is that new doors open right now. Maybe a small house, maybe a larger apartment...who knows.

One thing is definite though - we will have to move and this means stress. Until october we have to leave. I try to convince myself and to see this as positive stress.

I bet most of you have made similar experience.
    If you have any input or good advice, I'd welcome it a lot, if you crossed your fingers for us, I'd welcome that, too

J75
    Last edited by Jimi75; June 23rd, 2009 at 03:21 AM.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

You got it JIMI, good luck with the changes upcoming. The wife and I would like to downsize from the property we have now but can't find anything that we both like. Maybe you will get lucky and find that perfect home for all to enjoy.

Post Thanks / Like

at least you have until October....here properties usually close in 30 days. Now that is stress.
    Guitars: 2002 Les Paul Studio Limited Color's Edition | 2004 Greg Bennett Avion Les Paul Copy | S101 Telecaster project | 2004 Washburn D46 Acoustic

Amplification: Epiphone Valve Jr. Head and Cabinet | VOX AD30VT

Effects: Rocktron Delay | BBE Free Fuzz | Big Muff Pi | Boss Flanger | Bad Monkey | Jekyll and Hyde | Cry Baby Wah | Boss EQ | Behrenger TU300 Tuner |

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope you find a nice little house for your family and your gear.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on the sale!

We just moved last November, and it was the opposite of yours --we were doing a major downsize as our kids have all grown. So lots of jettisoning of stuff. But you're right, a move is stressful. Wish I had some advice for you -- maybe just enjoy the ride! And I'm sure once you get a bigger place, you'll feel less stressed.

Just make sure you can play the guitar there! We moved into an apartment which severely limited the volume.

Best of luck and let us know how it's going,
    Bob
    Guitars: Jimmie Vaughan Strat, 2001 Affinity Squier Strat with 70's Japanese pickups, Affinity Squier Tele
    Amps: Fender Pro Junior w/ Ragin' Cajun speaker, Peavey Delta Blues 115
    Pedals: Ibanez TS9DX w/ Humphrey mod, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Dano PB&J Delay, Arion Tubulator w/Indyguitarist mod, Boss CS-3, Dano Fish and Chips EQ, Boss CH-1, Dano TunaMelt Tremolo, Boss RV-3, Boss DS-1
    Strings: Darco 10's

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Congrats Jimi! I guess my advice is accept the change, be grateful for the time in your first home, and make plans for your family's future with an eye in that direction. My wife and I started in a small "Craftsman" style home that we loved, but it was obvious it was too small for the long run, and not in the right neighborhood. Plus we then moved to Idaho. I still miss that old house a little, but I love where we are more. The adventure continues . . . :
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Good for you and the family, Jimi! In this economy, that's quite an accomplishment!
    bigG

Guitars:

Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded Cherry Mahogany, Peavey HP Signature EXP, Epi Sheraton II, Fender Standard Fat Strat, original 1982 Made in the USA Fender Bullet (w original HSC)/ 2005 Martin HD-7 Roger McGuinn Signature Edition (#102 of 250), Martin M-36 (0000), Martin OM-21, Martin 000-15M, Hohner EL-SP Plus Parlor acoustic

Amps: Swart Space Tone 6V6se, Swart Night Light Power Attenuator/compressor/stereo line-out, Peavey Windsor Studio, Vox AD50VT, Fender Super Champ XD, Vox DA15, Marshall MG10KK, '83 Peavey Bandit 65

Pedals: Cry Baby 535q wah, Bad Monkey OD, Boss DS-1, Sabine FuzzStortion, HardWire RV-7 Reverb

www.swartamps.com
    www.ericjosephelectricguitars.com

Carpe diem, brother, cause you don't know how many diems you have left to carpe.

Post Thanks / Like

nice one man!

in this economic climate, its hard enough to sell pet food (what my dads company do) let alone sell your apartment.

makesure you have a nice big garage or somewhere so you can crank your amps and temporarily deafen yourelf, now that is FUN.
    Guitars: Ibanez RG420EG, Harrier Mistral Ice White Tele
    Amps: Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 15R (w/ 8" Celestion), Marshall Valvestate Mk.I 8100 Head, Blackheart BH5H Head
    Cabs: Marshall 4x12 (4 x Celestion Pro 12")
    FX:Line 6 Floor POD, BOSS 7-band GE-7, BOSS Mega Distortion MD-2, Vox V847a Reissue Wah, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive

Just another Rig Sig Jig, Dig?

Post Thanks / Like

congrats on the sale.
    In our 18 years together Mrs. Keel and I have bought and sold five different houses plus the boat we lived on. We now split our time between a condo (own) and a small cottage (rent). Selling and moving out of any of them was always a bit stressful, sometimes a bit of heartache, but always resulted in new adventures and new opportunities. Once we got our furniture and other personal stuff (guitars of course) situated in the new house it always felt like home very fast.

Of course if real estate in Germany is anything like what's going on in many parts of the US it's a buyers market. Hopefully you'll find something perfect for you and the family.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic
    hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.
    There's also a negative side."
    --Hunter S. Thompson

Guitars: Dean Sweet Wood 00R, Martin D2R, Guild D60, Guild D35NT, Morgan Monroe M30, OS baritone Uke

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the sale, Jimi! - now there's the moving... It's probably my least favorite activity in life! The good part is, if you have the stomach for it, you can get rid of tons of junk that has accumulated over the years that you really have no use for - that can be liberating! But moving still stinks. Good luck finding a great new home - and with the moving part...
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tjcurtin1
    ...now there's the moving... It's probably my least favorite activity in life!
    Only one thing worse... helping someone else move!