Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

The natural beauty thread - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The natural beauty thread

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelE
    Does that cause any buzz where the tailpiece curves away from the strings or cause the strings to slide around on the tailpiece when you bend?
    Nope!

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone remember the Leo Quan Badass bridge from the 70s? A cross between the tailpiece and a TOM like the one Rocket pictured above. I had one on my Jacobacci JS2. It was a pain to restring as the bridge sat right up against the back pickup ring.
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Brian, I didn't realize the Wildkat was a tint versus a solid white. Does it have the low key stripes or grain like the others? My black one doesn't pick up the stripes in photos, but can be seen when guitiar is in hand.

More obvious on the natural finish.

http://epiphone.com/default.asp?Prod...CollectionID=1
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

-- Joe --
    Guitars:
    Gibson: '08 Longhorn DC HS
    Martin: '09 OM-1
    Ovation: '07 Elite-T 1868T; '95 Celebrity Deluxe CC257; '95 Balladeer 1751 12-string
    Fender: '91 Stratocaster Plus; '69 Mustang Competition; '08 Squier Telecaster CV50
    Other: '77 Bradley Les Paul Custom; '03 Michael Kelly Patriot Q
    Bass: '08 Dean EABC
    Effects:
    MXR Dyna Comp; Dunlop Crybaby; DOD TR3R; Ibanez MT10; Rockman Soloist
    Amps:
    Genz Benz Shenandoah Jr.; Peavey Studio Pro 110; Tascam MP-GT1

Post Thanks / Like

1973 Léro Model 58 Dreadnought - bought new

1998 Ovation 1861 Standard Balladeer - bought used

Gil
    Where ever you go, there you are

a 1973 Léro Model 58 Dreadnought; a 1998 Ovation 1861 Standard Balladeer Natural; Taka - a 2005 Squier '51 Black
    Yume - a 2006 Squier Standard Strat Cherryburst; Houbi - a 2008 Fender VG Strat Blizzard Pearl won via fender.com

Pedals: Home made board; Visual Sound 1 Spot Power; Danelectro Chicken Salad, Fab Chorus, Echo & Flange; DVM Phasers To STUN; EHX LPB-1; Fender PT-100 Tuner
    Amps: Fender Super Champ XD; Vox DA-5 in Camo
    Computer: Apple MacBook Pro, PowerMac G4; Line6 Toneport KB37; M-Audio Black Box Pedal Board, Trigger Finger & DX4 Monitors
    Software: Ableton Live Lite; Apple Garageband; Cockos Reaper; Line6 Gearbox/POD Farm with Model Packs
    GAS: Squier Classic Vibe '50s Tele; Barber Tone Press Pedal; DigiTech Bad Monkey Pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hubberjub
    Though I have several I could contribute I'll keep it to one. This is my 1992 Gibson Les Paul Studio. It was my first good guitar. It started out life with black paint and gold hardware. After ten years of play the paint was not holding up well so I stripped it off and finished it with several coats of tung oil which I buffed in with ultra fine steel wool.

looks like the newer gibson SMARTWOOD les pauls, just as expensive as the normal les pauls, but with no paint and made of some weird polymer wood.

really nice to play though, it just has something that the bulky-as regular les pauls dont.

want some smartwood?

Guitars: Ibanez RG420EG, Harrier Mistral Ice White Tele
    Amps: Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 15R (w/ 8" Celestion), Marshall Valvestate Mk.I 8100 Head, Blackheart BH5H Head
    Cabs: Marshall 4x12 (4 x Celestion Pro 12")
    FX:Line 6 Floor POD, BOSS 7-band GE-7, BOSS Mega Distortion MD-2, Vox V847a Reissue Wah, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive

Just another Rig Sig Jig, Dig?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123