Thread: Rosewood fretboard?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rosewood fretboard?

What do you guys use on your rosewood fretboards to make them smooth? (Oil of some type I assume) also could you post all the needed tools and and steps please?

Post Thanks / Like

Steel wool on the frets and some Dunlop ´65 Lemon Oil. Works wonders.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Can these be bought at hardware stores or musical stores? After I apply the oil to the neck, I rub it around a little and wait till it dries up and do I have to do anything after?

And how do you use the steel wool on the frets?

Post Thanks / Like

Buy the finest steel wool you can find, and then gently polish the frets until they are nice and shiny (only the frets, avoid the fretboard).
    Dunlop ´65 can be bought in most music stores. Spray on the fretboard, let it soak for a while and then wipe off any excess oil. Then let the guitar dry for a day or at least a couple of hours.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Olive oil will do the trick too.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Home Depot has .0000 fine steel wool and is super cheap. I recommend using the steel wool on the frets every other time you do a string change. It keeps 'em in tip-top shape and smooth as silk.
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix