Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
7 strings

Thread: 7 strings

pes_laul Guest

Default 7 strings

The other day I though about trying a seven string when I was at the music store. Though the only one there was this http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...N%26start%3D20

and wow it failed. It sounded muddy and played terrible. I hope all 7 strings arent like that because I like the idea of 7 strings.

What are some good ones you guys have played?

personally I want to try an Ibanez one here pretty soon.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd say check out the Ibanez 7-stringers. The muddy sound could have just been crappy pups on that LTD. I've found that it's almost impossible to judge a trem-equipped guitar in the store because they're rarely given much setup and then players molest them further.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

I had a Carvin 7 string and it was great. It had nice clear tone all the way down to the low B (though I usually tuned it to A). If you're just looking for lower notes you aren't using an extended range guitar to it's full potential. A seven string allows you to play chord forms you wouldn't be able to play on a regular guitar and you don't need to change positions as often when you are playing licks or patterns. Here's a pick of the Carvin (I stupidly sold it three years ago).
    Patrick