Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Shiner........cool story

Thread: Shiner........cool story

Post Thanks / Like

Default Shiner........cool story

I like this story. A story for Shiner about Shiner, and another Texas success story.

http://businessonmain.msn.com/?episo...rial&gt1=25049
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Very cool story OG! I've always wanted to tour the brewery (and not just because you get free beer on the tour ). One of these days when CB and I are down south I'm going to take the Saturday pilgrimage and check it out.

What I really respect about the story is that they controlled the growth when the new owner purchased the brewery, rather than bastardizing the name and cranking out as much of an inferior product as they could. We see to much of that these days.
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to have to try this beer. My wife is headed out and I'll tell her to check for it.

I also have to order me a hat!!!
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luvmyshiner
    What I really respect about the story is that they controlled the growth when the new owner purchased the brewery, rather than bastardizing the name and cranking out as much of an inferior product as they could. We see to much of that these days.
    Agree!!!

Good story and good business lesson. Thanks for the post.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic
    hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.
    There's also a negative side."
    --Hunter S. Thompson

Guitars: Dean Sweet Wood 00R, Martin D2R, Guild D60, Guild D35NT, Morgan Monroe M30, OS baritone Uke

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

My wife was at the store today - no one has heard of Shiner Beer.

Must have to go to a gourmet store.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

That's ok Strummy, I'm drinkin' one for you right now!

Imagine how nervous the town must have been when the brewery was sold. Shiner is basically a one horse town, and the brewery has always been the mainstay of the local economy. Wondering if the new owners were going to shut it down and outsource everything, or if they would continue to respect the tradition and pride that the locals had in their craft. It's nice to see a business respect the wishes of the employees and people they effect.
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Post Thanks / Like

I had my first Shiner Bock today when I arrived home from work. My wife picked up a six pack and it was waiting for me when I got home. I'm not a beer drinker, but I must say I did enjoy a bottle when I got home.

Now if you will excuse me, I have to go to the bathroom (the drawback of beer is starting to come back to me now).
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

To Shiner and the other Shiner

Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Sniff , it's soooo beautiful!

Post Thanks / Like

id rather have the BOSS

cant beat southern beer eh?

friend of my dad smuggled some shiners back from Texas when he went over.
    Guitars: Ibanez RG420EG, Harrier Mistral Ice White Tele
    Amps: Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 15R (w/ 8" Celestion), Marshall Valvestate Mk.I 8100 Head, Blackheart BH5H Head
    Cabs: Marshall 4x12 (4 x Celestion Pro 12")
    FX:Line 6 Floor POD, BOSS 7-band GE-7, BOSS Mega Distortion MD-2, Vox V847a Reissue Wah, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive

Just another Rig Sig Jig, Dig?

Post Thanks / Like

Here's mine:

Post Thanks / Like

hows your guitar liking that shiner, Rocket?

is he/she sharing it with the acoustasonic?

Guitars: Ibanez RG420EG, Harrier Mistral Ice White Tele
    Amps: Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 15R (w/ 8" Celestion), Marshall Valvestate Mk.I 8100 Head, Blackheart BH5H Head
    Cabs: Marshall 4x12 (4 x Celestion Pro 12")
    FX:Line 6 Floor POD, BOSS 7-band GE-7, BOSS Mega Distortion MD-2, Vox V847a Reissue Wah, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive

Just another Rig Sig Jig, Dig?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket
    Here's mine:

I'll let you decide if I'm drooling over the guitar or the beer . . . or both.

Oh crap, I owe Robert another $200 now.: Hey Bob, just put it on the tab brother!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibanezjunkie
    hows your guitar liking that shiner, Rocket?
    Finally found a use for that Bigsby arm.
    is he/she sharing it with the acoustasonic?
    That's a storage room. The SFX II is for gigging... bit much for home use.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luvmyshiner
    I'll let you decide if I'm drooling over the guitar or the beer . . . or both.
    Heh-heh, that's Geraldo Riviera... will probably be up for grabs before Christmas. Keep it in mind for CB or yourself!

Post Thanks / Like

Geraldo is lookin' like my guitar Rocket! CB is currently three guitars ahead of me, so it's my turn.

Post Thanks / Like

Very cool story. Haven't seen Shiner in my local beverage center (and they've got a pretty wide selection), but I'm gonna ask about it....
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!