Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Free Fender amp t-shirt deal!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Free Fender amp t-shirt deal!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Free Fender amp t-shirt deal!

The Fender website makes it seem like you have to go to your local Fender dealer and "test-drive" a Fender amp to get a free t-shirt, but... not so!

Call musician's friend with the code they give you after watching a 3 minute video and they send you a t-shirt. Dunno if this has been posted but I haven't seen it anywhere.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/soul-of-tone

I just did this and it took maybe 5 minutes. They even ship it to you free, and you can pick the size of the t-shirt. They put you on Fender's mailing list, but I was already on that anyhow.

Enjoy your free shirts, brothers and sisters!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the heads up, Krash. :

On the one hand, I don't know if I want to become a corporate tool/walking billboard for Fender, but OTOH, I like free stuff.

My greedy nature won out.

tung

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad
    The Fender website makes it seem like you have to go to your local Fender dealer and "test-drive" a Fender amp to get a free t-shirt, but... not so!

Call musician's friend with the code they give you after watching a 3 minute video and they send you a t-shirt. Dunno if this has been posted but I haven't seen it anywhere.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/soul-of-tone

I just did this and it took maybe 5 minutes. They even ship it to you free, and you can pick the size of the t-shirt. They put you on Fender's mailing list, but I was already on that anyhow.

Enjoy your free shirts, brothers and sisters!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, that was painless, and one can never have too many T-shirts. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by tunghaichuan
    Thanks for the heads up, Krash. :

On the one hand, I don't know if I want to become a corporate tool/walking billboard for Fender, but OTOH, I like free stuff.

My greedy nature won out.

tung
    Since I'm the proud owner of a '66 Super Reverb and numerous Fender guitars and basses, I didn't have a prob with it. But don't forget, you can always cut off the tag and wear it inside out!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tunghaichuan
    I'm already a walking tool and endorse Fender... may as well get a freeB-T.
    (Experience with MF predicts it won't show up anyway!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yeah, I was going to go get a new one next time I was at GC, but now I don't have to deal with the paperwork, and can just do my customary wankin' on their stuff next time I go in and not have to do the paperwork with them.

The guy at MF tried to talk me into a deal on a '65 Princeton (($659 down from the "normal" price of $1060, I am not sure if it is a real mark down or not), but no go for me today. Just the T-shirt thank you! :
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket
    I'm already a walking tool and endorse Fender... may as well get a freeB-T.
    (Experience with MF predicts it won't show up anyway!)
    Well MF isn't really doing the shipping, they come direct from Fender, so unless they botched typing your name/address you should be good.

I've bought a batch of things from MF with no problems, although nothing in the last several years. Never mess with stuff that's not in stock though, that's a real black hole with them.

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

I have one from my guitar test drive.

Maybe I will add to the collection of one.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

I have been WAITING & WAITING & WAITING- Fender told me they were out of the shirts at this time but that I should receive mine soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    I have one from my guitar test drive.

Maybe I will add to the collection of one.
    That's the back, right?

Their "make history" campaign is the one that my micro-tiny photo is in one of their print ads.

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad
    That's the back, right?

Their "make history" campaign is the one that my micro-tiny photo is in one of their print ads.
    Rolling Stones on the front of this one. Stones - Shine a Light.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered mine - 2 to 3 weeks (eyes roll)

No free amp or Strat though.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    Rolling Stones on the front of this one. Stones - Shine a Light.
    Ah, OK, that makes more sense. I didn't see anything about anything being on the back of the Soul of Tone shirts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have that t-shirt (with the Stones) after the last time I did this program. I used to get all my t-shirts from running races when I did them. Now I get them this way!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

pes_laul Guest

I didn't get mine. I didn't know what to do after I called them.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by street music
    I have been WAITING & WAITING & WAITING- Fender told me they were out of the shirts at this time but that I should receive mine soon.
    Yeah, I've heard it can easily take over a month.

For what I paid, I can't complain!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    The guy at MF tried to talk me into a deal on a '65 Princeton (($659 down from the "normal" price of $1060, I am not sure if it is a real mark down or not), but no go for me today. Just the T-shirt thank you! :
    Seems like a decent markdown to me.

The MF guy wasn't pushy when I just called for the t-shirt. he only said that they were authorized to give me a deal. I said no thanks.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    I was waiting for a sales pitch, but the guy took my info and thanked me for calling.

If he would have said "Hi, Billy Mays here for Fender...." I would have freaked, just freaked.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    Seems like a decent markdown to me.

The MF guy wasn't pushy when I just called for the t-shirt. he only said that they were authorized to give me a deal. I said no thanks.
    Sasme here. Ambivalent non-specific pitch.

I told my gal I already had a vintage '66 Super Reverb, so I was set for Fender amps.

Perfectly pleasant exchange. They're nice for Yankees.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast