Thread: First time in 20 years... going jamming!

Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like

Default First time in 20 years... going jamming!

I got an invite from an old friend last week to sit in with his band as they rehearse. Feeling pretty excited as it's been a long time since I've sat in and played with a band. I went over their current song list and tried to brush up on 7 or 8 that I already know, and spent a bit of time this week on another 6 or 7 that I know bits and pieces of. The rest I know a bit of, and will try and pick a few new songs each week to get up to speed.

I'm hoping I can fit in without sticking out like a sore thumb. I have no expectations other than trying to fit in, contribute, and have a good time!

Wish me luck folks :
    Cheers
    David
    Last edited by Algonquin; June 29th, 2009 at 08:34 PM.
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus