Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Opions needed on pickguard colour - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opions needed on pickguard colour

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lev
    Thanks M29, I like that suggestion!

I think the tortoise with white trim is certainly the classiest and nicest.
    I don't like the gold really, it's kinda dated looking.

If it were mine, I might just go plain white or black. I like simple impact colors, no frills or many different colors. That's why all my guitars are simply white with white pickguards.
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Priorities

Well you still have the guitar to play and the pickguard to think about. Guitars are great but babies are better - congratulations!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Go with this one...

More here.

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

IF you stare at it long enough you can see Austin Powers face!
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I got a tortoise one and went to put it on a while back but the holes for the volume and tone switches weren't big enough, so I need to redrill those holes a little bigger. Since then my wife had a baby so this job has gone on the back burner for a while. Sticking with gold for the time being.
    When you get around to installing it, don't use a drill, unless you just use a bit like a reamer turning it with your fingers. The best tool for that job is actually a tapered reamer. It's only a tiny amount of material that needs removal, and the stuff is pretty soft

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by otaypanky
    When you get around to installing it, don't use a drill, unless you just use a bit like a reamer turning it with your fingers. The best tool for that job is actually a tapered reamer. It's only a tiny amount of material that needs removal, and the stuff is pretty soft
    thanks for the tip !!
    - Lev

Main Guitars: Fender US Deluxe HSS Strat, PRS SE C24, Fender Baja Tele
    Bass Guitar: Squier VM Jaguar Special
    Main Amp: Vox AC15
    Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb
    Vids: www.youtube.com/levguitar

Post Thanks / Like

Since then my wife had a baby so this job has gone on the back burner for a while.
    Darn those wives, they're always going and doing unexpected things like that - tho granted more often its buying shoes or something...

Looks like I'm the standout for voting for the white perloid....
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by otaypanky
    Ya' beat me to it, otaypanky. That's exactly what I was going to advise. It's easier than it might seem to get and oval, offset hole!
    Ah, nothing relieves the discomfort of GAS pains like the sound of the UPS truck rumbling down your street. It's like the musician's Beano.

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine is a goldish copper snakeskin style that looks great on the Blizzard pearl. Aged white pearl on the CV 50s.
    Last edited by Duffy; January 26th, 2010 at 11:13 PM.
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"Now all the things that use to mean so much to me has got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' the Note.

Major changes to guitars and amps, to be updated soon.

Fiance - Supportive of musical art

Post Thanks / Like

I switched out my white pickguard on my "blackie" Stratocaster to a white perloid which I got from Musician's Friend for only $9.98. Everywhere else, it was at least three times as expensive. It makes my Strat look much more elegant.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12