Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Need your input! Logo contest for the Fret? - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Need your input! Logo contest for the Fret?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Has to be a bird hipped dino of some kind. Maybe velociraptor?
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert

If you prefer to send a regular check or money order, here is our address:

Vital Effect
    #3050 Gemini Centre
    6708-48th Ave.
    Camrose, Alberta T4V 4S3
    Canada
    I have some Canadian cash I need to get rid of and was wondering if you open the envelopes or is someone else opening the mail? The cash is left over from my trips to Georgetown that I use to make last year.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=sumitomo]
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Did someone say Sham?

If you watched the NBA playoffs, one might think this guy played for Denver.

Mark

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    I have some Canadian cash I need to get rid of and was wondering if you open the envelopes or is someone else opening the mail? The cash is left over from my trips to Georgetown that I use to make last year.
    Yep, I open the envelope if you direct it to me. Why, are you going to put in one of those pop out clowns to give me a scare?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, I open the envelope if you direct it to me. Why, are you going to put in one of those pop out clowns to give me a scare?
    It's obvious that at least some of the guitars and amps I've sent haven't found there way.

Or it could be the Idaho address SVL and Spud told me to use to avoid customs.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in for at least a Hamilton and Lincoln

Have to mail - no paypal.

Robert, if there is no address change, I have the address.
    Correction: I'm in for a Sir John A. Macdonald and a check for $5
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Robert, perhaps this isn't the contribution you would like me to make but I wonder why (as I think was previously mentioned) you don't ask the fretters for submissions? You might actually find at least some direction for the process.

Frankly, in my world, $400 for people to do work on "spec" doesn't guarantee you will get something you are happy with. I have worked with design houses that were paid US$30,000 and $50,000 to come up with identities that no one liked and were never used.

Just to let you know my background: 25+ years as a professional artist, designer, art director, creative director for mostly large entertainment companies. I looked over the 99 design site. Some good work, some repurposed (borrowed) ideas, some not so good.

Who knows though, it might be money well spent. But I wonder what a homegrown attempt might look like. Who knows, maybe there are some talented people here. With the added (very important) benefit that they already understand what this community is about.

my 3 cents.

-syo

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe we could offer you something? How about a free guitar from Rocket in exchange for a logo?

Quote Originally Posted by syo
    Robert, perhaps this isn't the contribution you would like me to make but I wonder why (as I think was previously mentioned) you don't ask the fretters for submissions? You might actually find at least some direction for the process.

Frankly, in my world, $400 for people to do work on "spec" doesn't guarantee you will get something you are happy with. I have worked with design houses that were paid US$30,000 and $50,000 to come up with identities that no one liked and were never used.

Just to let you know my background: 25+ years as a professional artist, designer, art director, creative director for mostly large entertainment companies. I looked over the 99 design site. Some good work, some repurposed (borrowed) ideas, some not so good.

Who knows though, it might be money well spent. But I wonder what a homegrown attempt might look like. Who knows, maybe there are some talented people here. With the added (very important) benefit that they already understand what this community is about.

my 3 cents.

-syo

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

or

People here submit there ideas, they are displayed without noting the designer and the forum votes. The winner gets the money (or some portion), the guitar is still used to entice entries.

Not completely detailed on how it would work, but you get the idea.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe we could offer you something? How about a free guitar from Rocket in exchange for a logo?
    Very generous (with other people's stuff.)

I thought I might offer up something nice that might benefit a forum project and seem to be garnering undue ridicule & flippant friction from some... did my offer offend in some way that I'm unaware of? I'm sure, in your case, it's some remainder of a past personality grudge you hold toward me but why sabotage the rest of the membership to satisfy that? Why not just let it go?
    I'll chalk it up to one more lesson learned about Fret.net Mods!
    Any future generosity will be done strictly anonymous per PM with Robert to avoid these little schoolyard power-plays.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket
    I'll pony-up a raffle guitar to boost participation if anyone wants to host the raffle...
    What's the misunderstanding? You offered.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, moving right along. My money will be in the mail tomorrow.

Let's make it good for all involved.

Those interested in a new logo, send in your contribution.

Let the author of the thread make the decisions on how he wants it done.

Not taking sides, just want this to move forward.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Syo, once we start the contest, you and any other designers we might have on this forum are welcome to submit as many entries you want.

Sounds fair?

Strummy, thanks, I will look for that old dude from MacDonalds in the mail.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

What's the misunderstanding? You offered.
    I offered it to boost maximum membership interest into participating as a group in a forum project, not for Mods to take it upon themselves to offer as payment for design service.
    Do you really NOT see the difference between attempting to bring a group together and merely acting selfish? ("The many vs. the one" concept.)
    No wonder forum projects never get much support... to many obstacles, (and cooks!)
    I watched a forum totally disintegrate over a seeming harmless project of getting together for a group jam... by the time it actually happened, 5 people showed up, money was lost, and forum has never recovered.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't really need money or a guitar (did I just say that?!: ), just time.
    I would be interested to know Robert, what is your brief for the logo? What do you want to communicate? Do you foresee usage beyond the site header and T-shirts?

Post Thanks / Like

Syo, if you win, you can do what you want with the money - if you won't take the money, we keep track of who donated what amount, and this could then be used towards T-shirts and similar for those who donated.

I want to communicate what this place is about. Guitars, fun, friendship, sharing, music, passion.

Initially, I hoped this place could also become a good place for bass players to hang out on. Didn't seem to happen - very few bass players around here. So with that in mind, if we end up having an actual guitar in the logo (or part of a guitar showing 6 strings) should we have a bass guitar featured in the design too then?

I foresee getting picks made up with the logo on it. What else, maybe guitar straps? Stickers? Amp covers? Baseball caps? Who knows - if our members are interested in these things and we can get good deals (maybe bulk deals if enough members are interested), then let's run with it.

Hey, please give me feedback on what you think the logo should communicate! Any ideas you may have are valuable. It is not me who will decide on the logo in the end, it's you guys, together.

Post Thanks / Like

Initially, I hoped this place could also become a good place for bass players to hang out on. Didn't seem to happen -
    Hey, we do have a good bike thing starting to go here: TheFret - home of guitars, gear, and gears.

I foresee getting picks made up with the logo on it.
    Now you are talking - I would never argue over picks!!! (newer members wouldn't understand)
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Now you are talking - I would never argue over picks!!! (newer members wouldn't understand)
    Well, I'll try my best to keep them under $4.00 each!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Syo, if you win, you can do what you want with the money - if you won't take the money, we keep track of who donated what amount, and this could then be used towards T-shirts and similar for those who donated.

I want to communicate what this place is about. Guitars, fun, friendship, sharing, music, passion.

Initially, I hoped this place could also become a good place for bass players to hang out on. Didn't seem to happen - very few bass players around here. So with that in mind, if we end up having an actual guitar in the logo (or part of a guitar showing 6 strings) should we have a bass guitar featured in the design too then?

I foresee getting picks made up with the logo on it. What else, maybe guitar straps? Stickers? Amp covers? Baseball caps? Who knows - if our members are interested in these things and we can get good deals (maybe bulk deals if enough members are interested), then let's run with it.

Hey, please give me feedback on what you think the logo should communicate! Any ideas you may have are valuable. It is not me who will decide on the logo in the end, it's you guys, together.

no speedos, thongs, boy shorts, tractors, or snow blowers.

sorry, but must cite the obvious. Shiner needs no encouragement, and i know him well enough to know that he would model for all of you.
    2006 Washburn WD55SW Augusta, 2006 Washburn J28S12DL, Washburn EA20SDL,
    2008 American Standard Fender Telecaster
    2008 Rondo Limited Edition SST, G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow, Gibson LP Ultra

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast