Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Need your input! Logo contest for the Fret? - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Need your input! Logo contest for the Fret?

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Point take, CB - those items will NOT end up in the logo! Eeeeew!
    By the way, no tuning pegs up the nose either.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by syo
    Robert, perhaps this isn't the contribution you would like me to make but I wonder why (as I think was previously mentioned) you don't ask the fretters for submissions? You might actually find at least some direction for the process.

Frankly, in my world, $400 for people to do work on "spec" doesn't guarantee you will get something you are happy with. I have worked with design houses that were paid US$30,000 and $50,000 to come up with identities that no one liked and were never used.

Just to let you know my background: 25+ years as a professional artist, designer, art director, creative director for mostly large entertainment companies. I looked over the 99 design site. Some good work, some repurposed (borrowed) ideas, some not so good.

Who knows though, it might be money well spent. But I wonder what a homegrown attempt might look like. Who knows, maybe there are some talented people here. With the added (very important) benefit that they already understand what this community is about.

my 3 cents.

-syo
    THIS!!!

I participate on many sites and no one had a "professional" logo made. The majority were done by a fellow forumite. Yours truly did two sites himself. This should have been entertained first, IMHO.
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

No running!

Post Thanks / Like

Seriously Robert . . . how much will the thongs cost?

Shiner family monies will be on the way this weekend.
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luvmyshiner
    I love it!
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luvmyshiner
    Sorry Shiner, CB will hunt me down and make me suffer if I go along with that....
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Rocket, that is a pretty accurate picture, I didn't see you sneak up the track when I was doing that workout! That looks the right logo though, so I guess we don't need to worry about the logo any longer, it's pretty much decided then?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket
    I offered it to boost maximum membership interest into participating as a group in a forum project, not for Mods to take it upon themselves to offer as payment for design service.
    Do you really NOT see the difference between attempting to bring a group together and merely acting selfish? ("The many vs. the one" concept.)
    No wonder forum projects never get much support... to many obstacles, (and cooks!)
    I watched a forum totally disintegrate over a seeming harmless project of getting together for a group jam... by the time it actually happened, 5 people showed up, money was lost, and forum has never recovered.
    Thank you for caring about the forum. That's a rare thing. A lot of people just want to do their thing without really contributing. Mucho appreciated.

I'll offer to take any pressure off of you then. I think I probably have a guitar that I could put up for the event.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

I offered it to boost maximum membership interest into participating as a group in a forum project, not for Mods to take it upon themselves to offer as payment for design service.
    Do you really NOT see the difference between attempting to bring a group together and merely acting selfish? ("The many vs. the one" concept.)
    No wonder forum projects never get much support... to many obstacles, (and cooks!)
    I watched a forum totally disintegrate over a seeming harmless project of getting together for a group jam... by the time it actually happened, 5 people showed up, money was lost, and forum has never recovered.
    Actually Rocket, I thought that your offer was quite generous. That was one of things that spurred me to respond. I do think that the group is very much coming together over this judging from all of the responses. I thought that Spuds' comment was nothing more than enthusiam and "thinking out loud". I never thought he was trying to take advantage of your kindness.

Vive le logo!:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    I'll offer to take any pressure off of you then. I think I probably have a guitar that I could put up for the event.
    Suit yourself... I tried.

Post Thanks / Like

Shams happen.
    Might start looking curious to forum membership if Admin (or Mods) won ALL the raffles... may be a reasonable cause for low rate of participation.
    BTW, who won the last raffle & who picked the winner?
    That raffle was on the up & up. I'm the one who suggested how the raffle would be run & all the participants agreed. All the entrants agreed that Robert could join. So he won. There weren't that many entrants. It doesn't seem strange to me that he won.

On the other hand, it was too much hassle and less fun than I had hoped to run the thing. Poor Vood had to lift the bulk of the load.

As to the logo, I do think it would be nice to see what some of the locals could come up with.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in because I like this board. Lot cooler folks here than the other boards I've been to.

Let the fun begin.
    _____

GUITARS - Carvin DC127M - Carvin Bolt kit
    AMPS - Bogner Alchemist 112 - Blackheart Handsome Devil half stack
    FXs - Roger Linn Adrenalinn III - Boss GT-10
    _____

Post Thanks / Like

unless your wondering

jaklawrence@ntlworld.com is my home email address, its what my paypal account it registered to =]

you should get $10 from it.
    Guitars: Ibanez RG420EG, Harrier Mistral Ice White Tele
    Amps: Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 15R (w/ 8" Celestion), Marshall Valvestate Mk.I 8100 Head, Blackheart BH5H Head
    Cabs: Marshall 4x12 (4 x Celestion Pro 12")
    FX:Line 6 Floor POD, BOSS 7-band GE-7, BOSS Mega Distortion MD-2, Vox V847a Reissue Wah, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive

Just another Rig Sig Jig, Dig?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    I think I probably have a guitar that I could put up for the event.
    I'll double my contribution if you put up the Luke. Sounds good, right? I'm sure Rocket was donating that G&L.
    Patrick

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hubberjub
    I'm sure Rocket was donating that G&L.
    Close... more like S&X. Fairly new and barely touched.

Post Thanks / Like

Like a melody maker. Kewl!
    _____

GUITARS - Carvin DC127M - Carvin Bolt kit
    AMPS - Bogner Alchemist 112 - Blackheart Handsome Devil half stack
    FXs - Roger Linn Adrenalinn III - Boss GT-10
    _____

Post Thanks / Like

Suit yourself... I tried.
    I was trying to be nice and take the burden off you because you didn't seem comfortable after you volunteered the guitar. But if it is going to upset you to not donate then by all means you are on. I think the SX would make a fine prize.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kiteman
    Like a melody maker. Kewl!
    Actually, more look, feel, and sound like LP Junior.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast